Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Nov 15, 2002.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Mobile Phones - which do you use?

Pro's & Con's???

My current phones are....

Work: Nokia 3330 (Being changed on Monday - dunno what to yet)

Personal: Samsung A300 - cool phone but poor battery life and NO GAMES! But then again I have my PDA for games :D

2. Cain

Cain New Member

Mobile phones?

I feel like whacking the hell outta the first person I see talking loudly in public with one of those :mad:
    |Cain|

3. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

If you like games then you should look at what is coming from nokia soon : http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/27940.html

I Currently use an Ericsson T39m, which is not bad, but not overly exciting.

Main pros are :

Syncronisation with Microsoft Outlook for contacts (requires PC with infrared or bluetooth)

Can hold several numbers for same contact (Home, work, mobile etc) instead of them all being different contacts.

Bluetooth support so you can use it with other bluetooth devices (if you have any - I dont!)

Cons :

poor battery (2-3 days), b/w screen, a bit flimsy - first one broken by my little lad.

games seriously crap.

4. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

The Nokia that plays games is pretty good. On the other hand you might as well just get a less bulky phone and a Game Boy Advance if thats what you want, and probably work out cheaper.

Mines a Nokia 3310, good all round phone, easy to use decent battery life. And my spare phone, Seimens C35 isn't bad, harder to use but nice and compact.

I look after about 30 phones at work, so all mine are free ;) But the Nokia's seem less reliable, screens are always dying!

The Seimens and Motorola are more reliable, but everybody wants Nokia! Nokia are a lot easier to use, especially compared to Motorola!

5. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

:( I don't own a moble phone :cry:

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

WOW!

Wow!

Even my 10 & 13 year old daughters have their own mobile.

Get with the program WOTD :D

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nokia something-or-other.

Pros:
    -makes phone calls
    -essentially a hard lump of metal and toughened plastic to hit people with
    -will bounce and survive when dropped from fourth floor of car park

Cons:
    -costs money
    -rings now and then

8. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Pros:...hurts when thrown in someones face

Cons: your wife knows where you are.....assuming you answer the call

9. NielStewart

NielStewart New Member

GG has your wife not found out how to triangulate the signal from your phone through the mobile mast network.....damn - mine can find me even if I don't answer the phone...

10. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

I just sold my Qualcolm to someone. I was going to buy a battery for it cause it seems to not stay charged long, but a friend offered to buy it from me when I saw another I liked. Now, I have 2 new phones....

I have a Cingular Ericson which includes alot of extras such as games. This phone is for my friends on Bp. :p

Then, I have a Motorola Talkabout for friends and family here. They are both nice phones:)

And yes, I cant stand when people are in public talking loud on their phones. When I'm about to enter a store or wateva, I always tell my boyfriends or whoever else I'm talking to that I'll call them as soon as I return to the car.

PS- Good driver that can talk, eat and drive:D

11. waya

waya Valued Member

Talk, eat, and drive... I'll be sure to walk in the street where it's safe lol....

I have a Sanyo 4500 I think.... the other one is a Kyocera. I haven't looked at any new ones for about 2 yrs.

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Held a Nokia 5110, it had an aerial that you could jab in peoples collar bones (oops, meant to be off topic!!!)

Got a 3310 now, but it costs to much, maybe I should get a contract phone.

Col

13. Dragon_Princess

lol...good luck! just in case, leave me your password so that I can carry on the legend of being a moderator. lmao.

14. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Re: WOW!

Hey....don't rub it in. It hurts enough already:(

15. Spike

Spike New Member

Nokia 7110

I`m still waiting for them to bring out a phone cover that looks like an old star trek communicator

16. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

Wotd don't worry dude me too don't hav one ...so wat's the deal..
    it doesn't hurt. :D :p
    -TkdWarrior-

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Go for the star tak rather than a nokia in that case, that's what they're modelled on after all. Yet another example of life imitating sci-fi.

18. Dragon_Princess

*Getting the expensive phone where you and the caller can see each other.

*2 expensive...putting down payment:D

19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I just totalled my phone :( It was a nokia 3210 with a shiny gold-blue cover. It was a pretty good phone, it survived being dropped in a pint of cider and black, and being dropped down a flight of stairs before it packed up altogther.

I've got my eye on a nokia 3410 now instead, but only if I can sell the broken 3210. Any takers? :D

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Phones should all be drunkard resistant!