Mobile MAP

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Victoria, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem with MAP, or if it's just my phone. or a problem when using a phone in general.

I can log in from my phone, and get as far as "thank you for logging in". But when the page redirects I'm logged out again. I signed in countless times this morning but every time the "thank you for logging in" page redirected, I was logged out again :(

Any ideas appreciated!

2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Have you tried clicking on the link that says something like 'if the page doesn't load within 2 months please click here'? Give it a shot, I remember having similar problems logging onto regular MAP on a regular computer but when I hit that instead of waiting it seemed to work...

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I've just had to change my password as it wouldn't accept my old one. Possibly related?

Mitch

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've found an oddification for the main forum that might help that. Will get it sorted at some point though I'll need someone to check it on mobile MAP when its done.

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ok, can someone who has this login problem on Mobile MAP try it now for me?

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Most people on here are odd enough without needing any more oddification.

Badum tish, I thengew, I'm here all week:)

Mitch

Edit to add, my problem wasn't mobile, it was from my normal laptop.

7. Victoria

Will log in now while I'm on lunch. Be back in about 20 mins with an answer :D

Nobby chimp boy, I did try clicking on that link very quickly before it redirected, but it made no difference. It redirects quite quickly on my 3.5G connection :)D), so that's not the problem.

8. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Face the fact Vic! You are the "oddification" here! Who ever said you could have access to the web via the phone? You have issues walking and chewing gum!

****ducks****

9. Victoria

It's actually quite scary trying to walk down stairs and log into MAP at the same time!

Anyway, no go, still can't log in. I even tried replying to the thread and logging in when prompted.

Has anyone else got mobile internet to see if it works for them?

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Just as a thought,

*What phone have you got?
    *What phone browser do you use if its different to the inbuilt one
    *Have you tried clearing your cookies/browser cache on the phone (worked for me once)

There's also Slimline Skin, which should work on most phones, its better for PDA's/bigger phones though.

11. Victoria

Nokia N82, it's a pretty top notch phone and can get into just about anything on the interweb. No idea how to clear cookies but I'll try that in a bit!

12. Sackett

Sackett Valued Member

Works fine from my Blackberry. I even logged in and out a couple of times to be sure...

13. Victoria

Show off! :p

Can anyone else get in? It might just be me...

14. Victoria

Just an update - after an hour on the phone to O2 the problem seems to be a fault with my phone. I can't log on to any secure connections or any website at all, despite my settings being right.

New phone for me! :mad::rolleyes: