MMA News & Rumours

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Apotheosis, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

2. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Sokoudjou has reportedly agreed to a 4 fight deal with EliteXC

Fedor apparently has a verbal agreement with the UFC

Russian Source

"...Fedor's manager and his lawyers offered some changes to the contract offered by Dana, and the chenges were accepted. So, verbal agreement is reached. They plan a 2 year contract for 6-8 fights with top fighters...."

No idea how credible this is as I cannot speak the language nor do I know the source but it sounds good and that is good enough for me

3. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I haven't been following EliteXC, primarily because they spell their name with an "X" and I hate that. But they do seem to be doing things right and their first card was great from what I saw...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

The much-maligned Shamrock/ Bisping fight appears to be off since the UFC have sacked Shamrock after his getting involved with the IFL. Rumour is, he'll sign with EXC/ Strikeforce and isn't opposed to fighting Frank. Source

5. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I hope he can beat Frank, I am tired of him.

If he gets matched up with Sokoudjou, he is gonna be killed.

6. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Diego Sanchez vs BJ Penn at UFC 74

Source

Should be a good fight, we will see if BJ can match the cardio of Diego

7. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Disappointed about that, the last rumour i heard was that he would be fighting Franca or Sherk for the LW title.

I was watching the build-up to the TUF 5 finale and it seems BJ has really stepped up his cardio. I think he has a live-in coach at the moment too. If that's the case Diego is in trouble as he won't hang with BJ on the ground and doesn't like to get hit. Seems a little harsh on Sanchez tbh as he's coming off a loss.

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Oh, Sanchez is going to be so out of his depth in this one, especially if BJ hits the treadmill. I can't wait :D
    I'll pick it now - Penn by absolutely anything he wants. There's just no part of the game Sanchez has an edge in except maybe cardio and I'm not sure it'll last long enough for that to be a factor

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  9. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Sherdog is now reporting that the BJ camp is denying the rumor of him vs Diego...

Bummer

10. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

what happened to diego vs sakurai? did the deal turn sour? it was almost confirmed a couple weeks ago. then it disappeared last minute.

11. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

It may still be on since BJ's camp is saying the fight vs Diego is just a rumor

12. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

August 25th at UFC 74, Marcus Aurelio will be making his UFC debut against Clay Guida.

Should be great

Source

13. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

UFC 76 will see Lyoto vs Shogun and Diego vs Fitch

Also rumored was Wanderlei vs Chuck, however Dana has recently stated that Wandy backed out of the fight and that he doubts it will ever happen...

Which is just crap since we all know Wandy doesn't back out of anything, he countered Dana by saying he was given 2 dates to choose rom and he chose November instead of September since he plans on moving to the U.S and needs some time to prepare for the fighter after he moves.

Rumor now has Chuck vs Jardine at UFC 76

Also rumored, Sokoudjou who was reportedly going to sign with Elite XC for 200k per fight has been offered a better contract by K-1 at the last minute and will be signing with them.

K-1 is also reportedly signing Gomi...

Makes you wonder why the UFC bought Pride if they were just going to let the fighters go anywhere they want.

Source

Source 2

Source3

14. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Rumor has SpikeTv paying upwards of 100 million for a new deal with the UFC

Source for Spike deal

[​IMG]

Babalu was arrested and chaged wih Battery and trespassing after spitting on a bouncer at the WFC event in Florida.

15. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Even though I think the thread may be dead....

UFC 75 will be on SpikeTV....Rampage vs Henderson, Kongo vs Mirko and Hammil vs Bisping are the highlights.

It won't be live but it will air on the same day

Source:CNNMoney

16. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

It's not dead...you're just beating me to all the news

17. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I just check the MMA sites when I wake up...I just cannot stay away