Mittmaster opinions?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by hewho, Jan 28, 2020.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with Mittmaster? Mittmaster Courses

There is a 2 day seminar I am considering doing in April to up my pad holding skill, the instructors are:
    Kru Prathet
    Neil Mcleod
    Chris Jones

Has anyone here got any knowledge of these guys?

Cheers all,
    Hewho :)

2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

not had any experience with them, but they seem to have a good line up in the past.

I found a video of last years seminar

hewho likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Depends. Is it a two-day course to get better at holding pads or is it a two-day lesson to get a bs certificate for PT'ing?

4. hewho

hewho Valued Member

To get better at holding pads. I use it with both PTing, and it helps me be a better training partner in classes.
    I did rubbish online course to get a cert ;), as I already had about 7 years of holding pads under my belt from various clubs, and can do it safely enough for the public. (Though I wouldn't dream of saying I'd be good enough to hold pads for 'proper' fighters as a coach.)

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Should be great then really. Pad holding is the most under-rated art forms in martial arts.

Mitch, axelb, Travess and 1 other person like this.
  6. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Kru Prathet is a friend of mine. He is a legit ex Raja champ, has fought on Yokkao, and used to teach at Jitti Gym & Tiger. I knew him back when he taught at 8 Limbs in Coventry, he also refereed a few of my interclub bouts there before. He now teaches at Unit 1 Gym.

You can read up about him on his site here: https://www.prathetmuaythai.com

hewho, Travess, Dead_pool and 2 others like this.