Mind,Body and Kick Ass Moves (2 disc dvd)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by incubus, Jul 18, 2006.

1. incubus

incubus Valued Member

found this dvd set on play for a cheap price. Anyone knows whether it is worth buying?

I am a Martial Artist , would it give me a load of bull or is it an interesting insight in the world of MA ?

Please help me , so I do not get another dust collector on my shelf :bang:

2. Who?

Who? Banned Banned

If you havn't seen it then buy it. Some of the stuff is really good and some is complete and utter B/S. On the whole it is good value and a good insight to other M/A it give is unbiased and open (bit to open sometimes) opinion. Buy it and if you don't like it I'll buy it off you for less than retail, and i've seen it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  3. prowla

prowla Valued Member

The series was on UK TV.
    I found it very interesting, and have watched repeats as well.
    I'm hoping he makes another series.

4. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Another series was made, but it did not do as well as the first. You get to see strong penis Kung Fu ( I kid you not... .[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELg4taUMEE"]YouTube[/ame] ), Crudelli doing Dim Mak, saying Soke Hatsumi is the only ninja school in the world (with no mention to the other kans).

Some of the stuff is too stupid to warrant a DVD. Highlight is Hatsumi setting Crudelli's hair on fire as he was going round saying he was the hardest man in Birmingham (somehow Noda prefecture is not in Birmingham). Some good, some bad, some just leave you shouting "p*** off, your a bunch of fakes".

And yes, I did type in the asterisks.

5. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

'And yes, I did type in the asterisks.'

Just a guess here but are they s, i, i in a random order...

:)

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

You mean ****?

Its not in the swear fliter anyway... Ha :D

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Like all series it has its good and bad bits.

More for the curious audience than for anything else. Which I think it succeeds in. Its informative, shows whats out there...some highly practical like the Kali/filipino army killing stuff and some totally out there like Shintaido (?) the telepathic MA that makes your opponent run around in circles for ages.

Its £19.99 here. Thinking of buying it.

8. prowla

prowla Valued Member

He did another series looking at the more mystical side of things - can't remember what it was called.
    A couple of highlights were him getting propositioned by a really gay Indian dancer via an interpreter, and a bloke claiming that his chi could protect his arm against a machette and promptly slicing it open to the bone!

9. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

That was class I laughed and laughed at that one.

The Bear.

10. alister

alister Huh?

Well worth a punt.

11. butcher wing

butcher wing Oi, Fatso!

Nooo

Hey Mushroom.

Don't bother.
    It's only £4.99 of play.com.

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Kiss Ass Miracles - that was the most recent one. It was always on when I was out and managed to miss repeats. It seemed to deal more with extreme religious practices, the ones I did manage to see were really quite extreme, and had to watch through my fingers!

13. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

I watched an episode a few weeks back, where this guy used his voice to knock over apponents, just by shouting very quickly...or something :rolleyes:

14. Fatz Burger

Fatz Burger New Member

It's very funny, but there are better comedies out there.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Cheers mate...totally forgot about Play. havent bought a DVD for ages.

16. incubus

incubus Valued Member

From the general feel of this thread, I get that this is a waste of time than

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Depends how much you can buy it for really. I bought it cause it was £5 and it seemed rude not to! Not watched it much since though, as it's repeated on BBC3 every now and again. Like someone said, its more for inquisitive people than "serious" martial artists.

18. leon_x

leon_x Dai Low

that program was the reason i joined SPM. Sifu Ip Chee Keung was demonstrating his retracting balls technique.

19. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

There were some pretty funny self defence how-tos as well. I remember one where he told bank employees that if someone is charging them with a knife, they should pick up a mop, break the end off, and jab the jagged end into the attacker's throat before the guy with the knife reached them.

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Did anyone see the episode with the "lady" wrestlers? That was funny!