Mike Tyson vs Danny Williams

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Speed, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Speed

Speed New Member

Mike Tyson (50-4 w/ 44 KOs) versus Danny Williams (31-3 w/ 26 KOs)

This Friday at Freedom Hall, Louisville, KY.

What do you think? Tyson is just boxing for the money since he owes millions on top of millions to creditors. He should win and he guareented a KO on Danny but we know thats just Tyson running at the mouth. Atleast he didn't threated to eat his kids!

2. kevamania

kevamania Valued Member

Havent seen Danny Williams ever,but its not like hes fighting the 1980s Iron mike.How is he taking a punch(or elbows!)
    Heard Williams has meditation sessions cause its reckoned that Tyson beat a lot of guys before the bell because they were intimidated.
    Tyson is fighting for the cash(think somewhere between $1-2 million)and if he beats Williams a title shot wouldnt be too far away,in comparison with the divisions of previous years it is pretty weak,he knows if he trains hard it could mean big buck$.
    Williams knows Tyson is a shadow of his former self but is still a big a name as ever so this would make Danny Williams a house hold name overnight and a serious contender for the title

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

williams is down. have you seen his list of tomato can victories? hes not even in the same league as tyson. this is going to be like Tua vs holyfield, but instead of being bitchslapped by jabs, hes going to get ko'd.

4. crovax612

crovax612 Valued Member

What the? Wasn't Tyson supposed to fight in K-1 first? What happened with that?

5. cxw

cxw Valued Member

Don't you mean Tua vs Lewis?

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

ah... thats what i meant to say :D

(dont ask I always get evander and lewis mixed- odd since they dont even look the same apart from being black)

7. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Well Williams career has stuttered a bit lately, ever since his fight in Berlin where he got beaten by a pretty average ex-pat Turkish guy (can't remember his name???).

I think if Williams gets past the first 5 rounds and hes fit enough then he's got a good chance. If Tysons gets in fast and hard early in the fight then it probably will be Tysons fight.

I've got a feeling Tyson win by TKO in the fourth.

8. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Wasn't it Hamil Sam that beat Williams in Germany, John?
    Sam is a decent boxer who hits pretty hard, but is really plodding and flat-footed, but can take some serious punches (he has to, he doesn't move much).

Onto the Williams thing. When I heard this, I couldn't believe that they had managed to match up Williams with Tyson.

Even though Tyson is a shadow of his former self, it's still a serious Mis-match. But as already mentioned, if, by fluke, Williams managed to stay the distance or seemingly unconceivably win (!), then it could mean big paydays for him.

And it certainly is stealing a march upon his Arch-rivals Herbie Hide and Audley Harrison.

I'd like to see Audley Harrison step up to this sort of level and soon.

9. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I just done a google search and come up with the name Sinan Samil Sam so we must be talkin about the same guy.

I thought Sam was pretty average in that fight but Williams was shockingly bad.

I agree it would be a bit of an upset if Williams wins this but I reckon he's gotta frustrate Tyson in the early rounds by jab and moving tactics. He is younger and should be fitter than Tyson so theoretically the longer the fight goes the better Williams chances are.

I dont think Harrisons ready for this Jump yet I think he should go about business the old way and get a decent British title and then a European before going for the Big World titles.