Martial Arts & Self Defence

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Simon, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Who could update Wikipedia? In contrast with Simon’s well-informed post, here’s what Wikipedia has to say about self-defence.

Systema’s better than MMA for self-defence (according to Wikipedia). Who knew?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Monkey_Magic

Who could update Wikipedia? In contrast with Simon’s well-informed post, here’s what Wikipedia has to say about self-defence.

Systema’s better than MMA for self-defence (according to Wikipedia). Who knew?

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The beauty of Wikipedia is that anyone can edit it.

The main problem with Wikipedia is that anyone can edit it.

4. hewho

hewho Valued Member

My favourite quote from that wiki page is 'Everyday objects, such as... hair spray aerosol cans in combination with a lighter can also be used'
    Remind me not to get in a fight with whoever wrote that, especially in a corner shop!

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It does seem incredibly poorly written. Some of the most inaccurate stuff I've seen on wikipedia. Although it's also the only subject that's on wikipedia that I know anything about anyway.

6. Monkey_Magic

I think it’s time for me to learn that aerosol can form :D after all.

The secret aerosol form is only for the street. It’s too deadly for the ring ;)

7. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

It's a street-proven defence against nazis. :D

[​IMG]
    That's the same with anything. I always think that when I watch QI; I love learning about stuff I know nothing about, but as soon as they talk about something I do know about I'm like "well, kinda, but that's not really correct...".

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That picture catches the exact moment some poor old geezer gets caught in the codling by an unrealistic amaryllis.

Now there's a sentence you don't read very often.

axelb, Old bloke, hewho and 2 others like this.