Martial arts movies due for 2019

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Monkey_Magic, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Active Member

Which martial arts films are due out in 2019? What’s likely to be any good?

2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Off the top of my head, I believe we can expect another installment of the Ip Man series - No. 4 I think

There may also be a heavy martial arts theme in the live action remake of Mulan, and I dare say that John Wick will be busting a move or 2, when he next graces our screens.

Travess

axelb likes this.
  3. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Active Member

I’m not sure what to make of yet another Ip Man. I didn’t get past the second film, which I felt was not in the same league as Ip Man 1. Have I been missing out?

4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I'd say that you are pretty much on the same page as me - I loved the 1st one (which I have viewed more than once) watched the 2nd one (but only the once) and could not make all the way through the 3rd (despite several attempts)

Will I give no. 4 a go? Yes, yes I will - But that is down to me being a huge Donnie Yen fan, and not down to any faith in the series.

**Edit**
    Just read your post in another thread, and if you class Light Sabers as a Martial art (which I do) then I'd also add SW Episode IX to the above list.

Travess

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    axelb and Monkey_Magic like this.
  5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Alita: Battle Angel is released later this month. It's based on the anime Battle Angel Alita and while heavily based in the sci-fi genre it will feature a great deal of martial arts action. It's directed by James Cameron so it will be good!

6. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

John Wick 3 ought to be good.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

All the reasons.

Attached Files:

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Over rated rubbish in my opinion.

Ip Man 1 was Fist of Fury remake. Teases a Bruce Lee cameo.
    Ip Man 2 was the first part of the initial story of Hou Yan Jia's legend of fighting a boxer. Teases a Bruce Lee cameo.
    Ip Man 3.... we got Mike Tyson and also teases a Bruce Lee cameo.
    Ip Man 4... Teases a Bruce Lee cameo.

9. aikiMac

aikiMac "BJJ Over 40" club member Moderator Supporter

Ooooh, I didn't know that! Woo-ooo! ::happy:: His Wolverine healing ability aside, I loved the first two.