martial arts in Hamburg, Germany, sugestions?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by mebsd, May 17, 2012.

1. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

I am moving to Hamburg in September and I would like to continue my training. If there are users registered from that area, I would like to ask them to post any opinions/suggestions on different dojos in Hamburg. What I should avoid, maybe some prices, etc.

I am interested mainly in Shotokan, Ju-Jutsu and perhaps starting Modern Arnis (arnis, kali, escrima). I am thinking to attend from time to time different short training sessions in Krav Maga, JKD, BJJ, ..., so, I think a kind of sport center with different martial arts styles would suit better because will be cheaper, I guess. I found http://www.zanshin-dojo.de or http://www.budocentrum.de/ which it seems quite good to me.

Any opinion or different suggestions? If the club has also gym facilities would be even better :cool:

I also saw some different Krav Maga "flavours", any opinions on those?

Yes, of course, I will try some free classes to see myself, but I just want to limit the number of dojos/clubs which I should check.

Thanks a lot.

2. embra

embra Valued Member

I travel a lot and take in different MA at different times and places. I can take in a max of 2 new systems at any one time, and prefer 1 new along with 1 established.

You really have to seperate the systems, and go back to zero, when you haven't been to a system for some time(Beginners mind if you want.)

Hamburg is a great city and if you are into FMA try this out - I would.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYDWCE_oZRo"]Military Filipino Fighting Systems - YouTube[/ame]

For what its worth FMA systems vary a lot, but are relatively easy to use experience from other systems. Still means a bucketfull of work though.

3. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

ok, but any link for it in Hamburg?

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I heard there is Kajukenbo in Hamburg, look that up?

5. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

I could not find any link

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i've checked for kajukenbo in hamburg and it's non-existant

An FMA or Silat might be the way to go. they're usually easier to find with generally good teachers and a wide variety of skills being taught.
    trying posting in the FMA section of this site and see if you can get any info

7. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

it seems that the link is: http://academy-hamburg.com/, but maybe a bit expensive :rolleyes:

8. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

anyway, my initial question was something else. I wanted some opinions on different clubs/dojos. FMA anyway will be added to my Shotokan & Ju-Jutsu training, but I wanted to see which club I should join, ideal would be to have different martial arts because the price will be less.

9. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

as nice and varied as the Buj syllabus is (which is what OP indicates he wants from a school) - theres a lot of terrible schools in the Buj.
    He'd be better off starting something else and moving to the Buj later, but that my opinion.

it's always better to know what gold looks like before you start digging for it.

11. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

I don't need Bujinkan or something else, only to try to get some answers to my original post :topic:

12. finite monkey

So your saying OP should take up judo?

13. finite monkey

Are you German?

14. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

15. finite monkey

Are you calling me a kampfkunst?

I think you will get along just fine in Germany

16. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

:topic::topic::topic::topic:

17. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

How about we all calm down and stop the back and forth sniping or I'll lock this thread.

18. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Mebsd,

Maybe pull in your attitude in a little?

Having a hissy because you aren't getting immediate answers probably isn't the best way to go.

What type of Jujutsu are you after?

19. mebsd

mebsd Valued Member

@Dean: yes, I understand. What I don't understand is why people just post something without to have any connection with what I asked.

anyway, I will not post anymore on this forum.

@Dean: I am not after martial arts styles suggestions, I am looking for suggestions/opinions on clubs/dojos in Hamburg, Germany. Thanks anyway. In germany, if you say Ju-Jutsu, it means German Ju-Jutsu

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  20. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You had a number of good responses, IMO.

People aren't going to be able to do all the work for you, some suggestions and even a contact on MAP was given.

If you're this touchy on a forum then God knows how you'll cope on the mat.