MAP Arcade Smack Talk

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Jan 18, 2014.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I hate Gauntlet. Got to level 7, running around all fine and dandy...and I fell off the damn level?! :bang:

Still, the high score is mine :p

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Hold on.

Gimme a sec.

Nope, sorry. Can't find any "cares" to give you.

3. LemonSloth

[​IMG]

4. Ero-Sennin

What map do you play and what's your strategy? I play map C and I seem to be getting worse and I don't know why.

5. Ero-Sennin

Hey Karatesloth, you might want to sit in a corner, ball up and cry now. :cool:

6. LemonSloth

WHAT THE...

How the hell did you manage that?!?!

:eek:

7. Ero-Sennin

Oh look! I asked you for advice and was ignored!

Because I'm the best, that's why.

:cool::D

8. Ero-Sennin

Check out the new high score. :star::star::star::star::star:

9. LemonSloth

You weren't ignored, you'd already got the high score by the time I logged back on :p

I hate you :yeleyes:

10. Ero-Sennin

I'm twerking like it's hawt, making it clap to the syllables of the word irregardardless.

IRR-twerk up . . . . E-twerk down . . . . GARD-twerk up . . . . LESS-twerk down

11. Ero-Sennin

My interest in rubbing it in only last so long, I it sucks dying on the starting difficulty when you're enjoying a game. :p

All you need to do is place three of the normal ninjas at Lvl. 6 at a good spot, and from there just save your money until you can get the really expensive ninja. They can fling their stars across 2 paths (twice as far as the normal ninjas) at Lvl. 5 and 6 and do a lot of damage. Once you get your first one to Lvl. 4 or so you can start selling your normal ninjas to upgrade that ninja quicker, then just keep making them. Focus on getting them to Lvl. 6 and not just making a bunch of them though, and put them in good spots. I end up with about 7 Lvl. 6 Boss Ninjas before I start trying out new things.

12. LemonSloth

I bloody well knew it! I'd been spamming super ninjas as it was (which is how I got the previous high score) on map C and had figured that I needed to upgrade them, I just hadn't figured out how best to upgrade them. Anyway, I have to disappear to go karate tonight, so I shall whoop your hilarious behind tomorrow :D

P.S: Thanks for the tip dude :)

13. Ero-Sennin

I figured it out on accident. I had a bunch of regular ninjas and started losing so I got mad, sold them all and made one boss ninja all the way to lvl 6 and she proceeded to cut guys down two paths away! So I just kept with it. It only works up into the first few million and I'm trying to figure out the next tactic that will be the most beneficial. You have to lvl them up to 6 as quickly as possible or it's not really worth it.

14. Ero-Sennin

Looks like ol' Sunshine got the hang of it. :p

15. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I gotta upgrade to keep up with you guys. :[

16. LemonSloth

Indeed, Sunshine's done well for himself.

And...err...I may have beaten the high score by a small margin... :eek:

17. LemonSloth

The problem I've found is that after you have say 3 - 4 lvl 6 super ninjas, the pirates get strong enough that the waves can withstand that kind of shuriken death within a few levels, so you have to look at alternatives. It's got to the point where I spam less of them than other ninja types.

I haven't tried poison ninjas yet. They seem nice, but I suspect they have the same issues as the ice ninjas.

Ice ninjas are simply not worth upgrading beyond their starting cost because the mathshammer simply doesn't work. You're paying out...$5,600 for a fully upgraded ice ninja to do what, 234 damage per shuriken? You're looking at 2 - 3 hits (4 at the max) depending on the speed of the opponent post shuriken hit, where as a fully upgraded super ninja can do more damage than 3 ice ninja hits in one shuriken with a better range and firing rate. The only reason to use her is 'cos of her ice shuriken effect and for just $600, the effect with a lvl 1 vs a lvl 6 is exactly the same. You're basically just blowing an extra $5,000 to do a little more damage, which is $5,000 you could spend on a lvl 3 super ninja with change.

Instant death ninjas only really become viable around wave 35 onwards and like super ninjas, need to be beefed to the max. A basic range with a terrible firing rate just doesn't cut it (their lvl 1 stats make me cry). Also because of their more limited range issues, there's really only one place you can put them, but they will cut down hoards of pirates faster than a line of super ninjas will in the end.

I want to spam maxed shuriken ninjas 'cos of the insane splash damage early, but they're just not cost efficient.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  18. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

small...whaaaaaaaaaaa.......?????

ok, I am going back to work on something productive like the 1 hr in low horse stance I hear people talking about.

Or maybe I will try for the high score in Big Jump or something...

19. Ero-Sennin

Oh lawd, we're breaking out the maths now. Things are getting serious.

Just a heads up, 1 ice ninja raised to lvl 6 can do what a whole line of ice ninjas can do at lvl 1 because of increased range and speed. If you put them in strategic places they're beneficial to a point. Once the guys start getting too strong for the boss ninja group to take them out, the bunching up from the ice ninjas slowing them down turns out hurting you. I suspect that at some point the splash damage ninjas come into play with that but I haven't been playing as much and when I do I just spam boss ninjas because it gives me satisfaction for some reason :p

I need to try out the instant death guys. I imagine having a lvl 6 ice ninjas in front of a line of them is beneficial because it gives them more time to hit a guy. I did it once and it worked out really well but I had focused on just creating them vs. having enough boss ninjas that game as I was trying different things out.

The poison ninjas are really quick and have decent distance when maxed out, but when the lines start getting tough nobody does anything really damaging but the boss ninjas. I'll have to figure out how you're getting into the 6-9 millions and stick with that and then try things out. I've been trying everything but the insta. kill ninjas, seems that's the next thing to lvl up after the boss ninjas though.

20. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I liked being second :[