MAI taking the micky

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Mar 16, 2005.

?

Should the fight video be posted ???

1. Yes I would like to see the video online

53 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No thanks I'd rather not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I'm a real good driver... drive slow on the driveway

2. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Natural, does your post actually suggest that you think Pat is our instructor?
    A recent magazine article recently suggested that this was Pat's forum. :rolleyes:
    Natural, people from all over the world are reading this and they are making their opnions based on the comments that people post. Some people are apparently keen to see the video. You were lucky enough to be there at the time perhaps you could recall what you saw and give us some informed opinion.
    Oh and thank you for caring about the time we put into our training. :)

3. Richdog

Richdog Limecat is watching...

I take it that you trained and never typed.... or went to school?

Listen mate, are you trying to tell us that we should be training 24/7? Am I supposed to be training at tea time or on a sunday afternoon? When I post on the forums mate it is at a time when I have nothing else to do or am relaxing at home, same for everyone else here. Saying "you should train more" simply because we are chatting on a forum is absolute numbskullery at its best.

If you can think of another way besides this forum that I can talk to experienced martial artists form all over the world, people a damn site more experienced than you, then i'd love to hear it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2005
  4. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Again I'm going to ask people to remember the Terms Of Service that we all agreed to when joining the site.

This thread has been locked once I do not want to see it Locked again.

4.3 Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments:
    Abusive Comments, personal attacks, flaming, or derogatory insults or comments are strictly forbidden.
    4.3.1 It is fine to disagree with another member’s point of view, but please do so in a mature and civil manner.
    4.3.2 If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seeks help from other forums members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add.
    4.3.3 If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

What Hig said. One member has already been sin binned due to a personal attack on this thread.

Perhaps we should sort a letter writting campaign to MAI asking for the release of the video onto the internet?

6. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

Isn't it funny how we keep hearing the same lines coming from several different mouths. Who have you been "hanging" :woo: around with? :D

There must be alot of rope going round....was it a bargain....as you all keep trying to hand out this big piece of rope.

I am starting to think....there might not be enough to go round.

And I am still waiting for my free sample. :D

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

7. Lucy O'Malley

O.K....I will get back to training in a minute....I am just having a break for 30 seconds or so....while I catch my breath...sorry, while I post I mean.

A year ago you may find........we visited.

Why we constantly seem to be explaining ourselves for our personal lives that we have other than MA, is beyond me...but as you obviously were not informed of the whole story the following week.....yet again a lack of commuincation all round....I will tell you.

Pat and myself only popped in to say Hello...as we did every 6 months or so and while we were there Bob asked if Pat and myself wanted to join in for a play and bit of fun....Pat sparred mainly with Bob and Tony and was up more than anyone else....he eventually received a decline to continue by everyone in the class that night as they were all looking very dishevelled around the mat :rolleyes: . Now that night was deffinately a friendly sparring session....but sounds like that night (in your mind) was a competition also.

If you or your class mates remember rightly I did not take part....which even Bob can tell you....is unusual...I advised I was not feeling to well, hint hint. ;)

The following week we received the good news, that we were having another baby :D Bob was aware of this...but obviously decided either it was none of your business to know our private life...or maybe he thought it would be nice and encouraging to tell the class they scared us off, for a joke, who knows.

And as I am sure many know, a baby has to gestate for around about 9 months...which is why we have not been there in addition to being very busy.
    At no point did Pat ever go to train under Bob....he has nothing in the FMA to offer him...he just used to come and say hello and have a chat as a friend.
    Now and again stop and have a friendly play, to help show some new up and coming young students, how to do it properly at Bobs request, knowing Pat had achieved more than most could dream of and who better to show them.

Oh by the way....any one see who we were opposite at Seni 05....Ironic don't you think. It really made me chuckle...someone has a good sense of humour in the organisers office. :D :D :woo:

Lucy

8. the natural

the natural New Member

well the school bit was a bit harsh.as for the type easy just a joke but not well recived
    do trian hard. i train 6 day a week and teach 5 nights aweek but im just lucky.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  9. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

I noticed straight away and I had to look twice in case I was mistaken, my first thoughts were some one was having a laugh.

P.S. Thanks for the bargains Lucy.

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

You must do it for a living. That or you're lying...

11. Lucy O'Malley

No Probs....any time. I don't mind when I know things are going to a good home.

Pat said he was sorry he missed you and did not get to meet you, in fact he was jealous that I met a couple of Mappers that he didn't. Perhaps he will catch up another time.

Lucy

12. the natural

the natural New Member

well yes and no work morings hope to do it full time.

13. Lucy O'Malley

How do you find the time to come on Map then? I have had to give up training to find time to become a keyboard combatant :D Something had to go :p It was an easy descision as I would much rather talk a good fight than train, as I know nothing about MA anyway. I am pretty sure everyone else has done the same.
    It is not like it takes 5 minutes to type a post and I can walk away and come back later.

I have to sit there all day, stare at the screen, ignore my screaming children, toss training out the window, in case something happens. I most certainly do not have time for a business....work whats that? I am a dedicated through and through keyboard combatant. How else can we manage all these posts and threads. It would all fall apart if we did not sit in front of it all day.

I am glad I don;t train any more. My fingers are getting strong though, you should see what I can do.

I have a new style, QWERTY You can learn how to channel your Ki (A, B, C, D er, er or is that D, no this one is deffinately J, lets stick a P in there somewhere and we deffinately need a Q and very few people use the V so we will put that in aswell then Z Bow Shutdown, Format ended).....who wants to join?

Lucy

14. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

Sounds like you had a good time at Seni 05 Lucy??

So, did they have the video tape of "Pat getting Mullered" for sale on the MAI stand?

I hope you and Pat dont worry about too much about this so called Charity Event Match (i have a feeling you dont anyways), as i have a feeling people have seen through the smoke and mirrors!

Happy Training! ;)

Qwerty style, :D lol i thought i was the only one with that style! :confused:

15. Lucy O'Malley

I am looking for a good internet cafe to host my next QWERTY seminar :D .

I was thinking along the lines of teaching people how to push the right buttons and how to defend their PC. Pre-emptive ki striking, pressure pad techniques and maybe finish with a roll around on the mouse mat.

For beginners...I am going to cover the basics, such as keyboarding skills, covering a 'broadband' of left and right mouse clicking.

Yeah! Seni was great although i did not get to see much myself.

Lucy

16. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

(1) I've checked the profile of 'The Natural', and all I can say is: Give the kid a break, he is only 9 years old (of course I believe everything I read on these internet forums :D) [ March 25, 1986 - before he gets a chance to change it ;) ]

(2) Lucy - you're going to bruise your funny bone if you keep typing like that. I love your style :D keep me smiling ;)

(3) Damn!!! I missed Old Timer :cry:

(4) Anyone thought about posting this video???

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  17. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

That would make him 19, not 9.

Hey his birthday is the day before mine

18. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Oh boy am I tired - what have I been doing this weekend??? Goodnight! :)

19. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Well I am sorry I disappointed your young skills:rolleyes: , but I am sure I can help you out now.

Let me think.... Oh I got an idea:D

I tell you what I will do, I will come out of retirement if you follow some simple rules to prove to me that you are worthy of my time and effort and popcorn worthy enough for Aegis and all the other keyboard combatants.

There are a couple of minor events coming up this year, run by some bonifide little FMA groups.:rolleyes:

You and / or Muhktar take part in these events and I will make a deal with you, after all you first have to prove yourself against the minions before you take on the names in any SPORT! dont you? Or do you think you can get a leg up by just having a pop at someone that has spent alot of time and effort for many years, achieving titles and a name for himself?????????

Both of you, one of you (no matter I will fight one of you or both of you one after the other in a final event) as long as you do the following:

1. Take part in the next WEKAF British Championships in November (qualifier for the World Championships in Florida 2006) and do well (you don't have to win just do well). I will be there watching. Plenty of time to train for it too.

2. Then take part in the first ever ARPI British Championships in October(That's a padded stick event & qualifier for the World Championships in December 2005) and do well (you don't have to win just do well), I will be there watching. Plenty of time to train for it too.

3. Then take part in the Black Eagle Society meet in December this year (you can't win as nobody wins these events, you know, no ego's and no winners, no demo) and I tell you what I will watch instead of taking part for a change and you just have to do well. Plenty of time to train for it too.

Only then will you prove your self worthy of me comming out of retirement from the sporting side of the FMA (That's Filipino Martial Arts by the way) as I have done all of this and more.

Then I will make a few e-mails (that's via the keyboard combatants way of communicating) and phone calls as well as maybe if the need arises letter writing (That's the paper tiger way of doing things via mags, letters etc.) and in December of this year we can have at least 5 independant Grand Masters of the Filipino Martial Arts (That's FMA by the way) to judge an "Old School" bout in the Philippines (that's the PI, by the way), that I am willing to come out of retirement to fight "old school" with either just one of you or both of you one after the other with no breaks for flu's or colds.

Now on top of this I have a few minor details you need to agree on.

1. This is a charity event. You must donate £1000 each and the donation must be to any charity named by MAP members.

I am sure that your instructor/mag editor will be more than willing to pull the strings for you and raise the funds to get you there and pay the charity donation, in order to raise the popularity of his magazine and your profile. Which is not a large sum considering the publicity you will obtain from it. (The cost of a couple of one page colour adverts)

2. I will also donate £1000 to the named charity.

3. The event will be reported on by as many MA magazines as is possible (no MA magazine will have exclusive rights to this event).

Even though this is for Charity. This will not be a demo bout of any kind, this is for real.

I expect your reply within 7 days. This is FMA the real way. Lets Play:D :D :D :D :D .

Imagine, if you beat me. What a way to make a name for yourself and your puppet master. The coverage you will get will be global. Surely, you cannot refuse. And while you are in the PI I am sure many of the GM's would like you to show them how to systemize Eskrima, the best way for your system to become recognised.

I await your speedy reply and hope to see you at the British event.

If you have not agreed by 12 noon on Tuesday 3rd May 2005, the subject will be closed and I will request that the thread be locked down.

Best of luck.

Pat

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  20. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Oh! by the way I would love to see the un-edited video too. obviously this video would be available to the public FREE of charge and not exclusively available via MAI.

Or maybe not.

So show the video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.