Lynx Stance?!

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Chinesericeboy, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Chinesericeboy

Chinesericeboy New Member

I always wondered y they didnt have a lynx stance...

The lynx is a balanced yet fast and strong creature...y DIDNT THEY MAKE A STANCE FOR IT!!!

That is wat im trying to achieve...wat do you think?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

You'd be better of learing a HUMAN stance. Presuming you're human and not feline.

We haven't risen to the top of the food chain by copying the animals that we are masters of.

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

because there is no use for a lynx stance. All the stances you learn, whatever their names, have some kind of point to them. Do we have a horseriding stance because riding a horse is a good position to be in? No. We have it to learn sideways movements and so on. I think.

4. Adam

Adam New Member

I don't think that the lynx is an animal commonly found in Asia and so the asian martial arts have not included it in their styles. But I'm curious, what would this lynx stance of yours look like? What would you want to do from that stance?

5. wiggy

wiggy New Member

Lymx Style? Maybe it's just standing with your head up your armpit.....(or maybe not)

Wiggy

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Yes, the Lynx stance is somewhat similar to the Mace stance or Pepper spray stance as used by the police.

The Lynx stance is the civillian version and requires the use of an aerosol can which can be sprayed into an assailants eyes.... :D

Col