Lou Reed and Ren Guangyi

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Alias, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Alias

Alias New Member

Here is a link to an article on the musician Lou Reed and his tai chi chuan mentor, Ren Guangyi.

For those who don't know, Reed formed the seminal 60s rock band, The Velvet Underground, and went on to become a successful solo artist.

Anyway, I thought Reed, a highly intelligent and articulate fellow, gave some excellent insights in this article, and I wished to share them:

I admire that approach. He asks a good question, too: "At what point are you a martial artist as opposed to someone interested in the martial arts?"

2. wang

wang New Member

And at what point are you an opportunist linking your name to a celebrity for status?

3. Shade

Shade New Member

Hi Alias, please forgive Wang's flippant comment, he's new here and obviously the forum rules haven't quite sunk in yet ;)

Interesting article and thanks for posting it. I like the question he raises also.

It's funny because up until i read this I had thought of myself as a martial artist. But when put into this context (as in the article) it brings home another dimension of thought and understanding, and personally a very strong humbling.

Talk about ego knocking! But in a good way.

4. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Wow, great concept - thanks for posting that Alias.