Lotus Neig Gong - despicable fake.

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Fire-quan, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Talo Jin

Talo Jin Valued Member

Sorry but that is just plain wrong. Taiji is NOT a form of qigong. And you keep saying 'in your opinion', but you saying taiji can be practiced without qi gong and internal alchemy without losing anything is your opinion. And (assuming you have not trained in qigong or internal alchemy) I would value someone's opinion more if they had trained in those things and THEN say it is not neccessary, than someone who has no knowledge of it.

You can train in taiji alone if you want of course, but where's the sense in having incomplete knowledge of the taoist arts? Of course people train for their own reasons, but having trained in all parts of it, i'm only saying that it is a shame if people dont expand their studies. It really is worth the effort.

2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Hmm, interesting.

BTW, your assumption is incorrect.

3. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I just thought I would repost the video that started this thread - just to give us some perspective.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UEsD7hYAs"]YouTube - Taiji Forces[/ame]

4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

As with many aspects of TaiJiQuan, there are differences of opinion. :)

I have spent years studying NeiGong/QiGong and Dayan forms, as well as many more years continuing said practice with the addition of TJQ (including internal alchemy) I am currently of the opinion that TaiJiQuan is QiGong. Unquestionably.

One thing is certain....nobody alive today has complete knowledge of CIMArts. That being said, people learn TJQ for many varied reasons, all of which are valid to them.

I agree that to get the most out of your practice and to travel further down your path, the more aspects you incorporate the better.

However, I doubt that you have trained "all parts of it" as some are not conducive to modern living.

You are new here and some of us have been around a long time. Whilst I realise it is not feasable for you to spend endless hours reading old posts to get an idea of the level of knowledge of the existing posters, your first posts seen to be a tad condescending.

Thats my twopence worth...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  5. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

Taiji is Qigong.
    A lot has to do where your intent is.
    I would be totally embarrassed to put that vid on YouTube.
    I like some of the philosophies in their posts, but that is very bad.
    I don't see the right kind of energy there either. Of coarse I'm not trying to put them down but didn't they say it was about internal energy training. I don't see it. The legs would look much more substantial. just my opinion.

6. Talo Jin

Talo Jin Valued Member

Fair point. And i apologise if i sounded condescending, not my intention at all. By saying i had trained in all aspects, i merely meant that i had trained in qigong and internal alchemy, as apposed to someone who hasn't, as that was what the debate was about. I suppose our opinions will just have to differ.

Back to LGN though, I think i need to remind people that, yeah while that video would seem weird to outsiders, this isn't the only thing we do. In fact, we hardly ever do this stuff. This was just for fun in the middle of an internal alchemy course, and we all had about a 20 minute break, so a few of us went out and just messed around. Most of the stuff we do, I think alot of you would appreciate it as quite good, or at least, not a horrendous shame to the world of taiji. We practice taiji and qi gong very traditionally, albeit with the obvious difference in our methods to most people that provide some strange results.

Which is just getting back into whether people can give it a chance or not etc. So sorry for sounding condescending, i merely wanted to help people to understand our methods and give LNG a bit of breathing space, as you can imagine it is usually quite controversial ;P

Oh and also, it occured to me that if i was an outsider and saw this video, i would think all the people from LNG were weird hippies and all that, you know the type, the ones that think they're all special and mystical because they do qi gong etc. I thought it might be worth mentioning that there is no one like that in LGN. Everyone is completely down to earth, very egoless (is that a word? lol) people. This probably doesnt make much difference to most people but i thought it might help to get a full picture.

So anyway, that's LNG, i hope i've been a good enough ambassador to , if not convince you, then at least take a moment to stop someone who labels us fakes and crackheads with no reasoning, and say that there is a POSSIBILITY that it has some substance, and that the only way to know for sure is to try :D

7. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

I seen some of your other stuff,it looked good. But why on earth would you post that video on youtube. even if your playing around. It doesn't matter, it's going to be judged. That's just the way it is. people are mean on the net.
    I would take it down. The reason why is because it is fake. I'm not saying that you guys are fake. There is in fact a point where taiji reaches a level that becomes unreal. But in order to get to the unreal,everything you do has to be real! no faking,it only leads to delusion.

piece

8. mcoh1030

mcoh1030 New Member

Did those two ever get together to see which one had the greater physical ability?