Looking for more information on my Sensei

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Cudgel, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

OK what im realy looking for is whether or not my sensei was actually trained by Seagal. So when i say that my sensei was trained by him I wont look lke a miniature beast of burden.

So anyways
    Sensei's name is Larry Reynosa and was promoted to Godan in 1999 by Steven Seagal
    The name of his Dojo is Makoto Dojo, its in Ventura
    Its the head Dojo in the Makoto Aikido Kyokai
    And its affliated with the Aikido World Headquarters in Tokyo, which I cannot find after googling all I find are other dojos saying they are associated with the Aikido World Headquarters in Tokyo.

this is all just curiosity because, as I said before, I couldnt find anything on the Aikido World Headquarters.

Here is the webpage for the Dojo http://www.makotodojo.com/

I figure that since the Makoto Aikido Kyokai has Dojos in it that in varous parts of the world that someone has to have heard of it.

And case someone who was trained by Reynosa Sensei are on MAP I am most definatly not looking to cause trouble. I learned alot in the 6 months or so I trained in his Dojo.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  2. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Regardless of *if* your sensei was trained by Steven Seagal the certificate of recognition by Aikido Hombu Dojo give your dojo/organisation all the credibility it (you need)

[​IMG]

Dave

3. aikiscotsman

aikiscotsman Banned Banned

Ye he is a very close student of seagals, or he definatley spent along time under him,. he may have moved away from seagal to teach on his own,but i know seagal regards him as one of his top sempai.

4. Cudgel

thanks. Akiscotsman. I kinda got teh feling that Seagal had alot of respect for Reynosa Sensei and that Reynosa Sensei used to have respect for Seagal. about half teh time we would be hearing about how Seagal would emphasis this or that and yaddity ya. I feel sorta bad for doubted his word. but it just seemed so odd and unlikely that this man who teaches aikido in my home town and also teaches college courses would have had contact with Seagal.

5. luis

luis New Member

seminar

I was just told that Reynosa will be coming to my school to give us a seminar in a month or so. I'm in Mexico City by the way. They are charging what I consider is an excessive amount of money and I don't think martial arts should be a business like that, I guess I wont be attending but maybe someone can tell me this sensei is worth paying the three day seminar.

6. Cudgel

I would suggest it. reynosa Sensei has a very interesting veiw on the world and martial arts. Other my questioning his being trained by Seagal, which i dont now, I have a great deal of repsect for him.

7. dchovey

dchovey New Member

yes he was trained by seagal. I think he is even in the video " the path beyond thought" as well.