Little Bit TMI But Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KSN_Princess, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

If I thought it'd achieve anything I would. Sorry if reading condescending and patronising posts starts to grind after a while.

You're the one who decided to exaggerate with the butt plug comment after I just said they had to prepare their kids properly. Parents naturally are going to prefer their kids not be having sex and that's understandable but what I meant was trying to force them to abstain doesn't work and is dangerous.

2. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

I don't necessarily disagree, but all we're talking about here is, "Be home by 2 a.m." There is, of course, such a thing as an overbearing parent, but it doesn't seem like this kind of rule is much of an inconvenience. And like I said, college comes soon, and then you're free.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

yeah good point. abstinence and education arent mutually exclusive - See religion for this: "Since when was anyone arguing for solely using the idea of abstinence over education"

4. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

That's a valid point. The parents and communities where the bible belt kids I mentioned were doing their thing were shocked to find out what had been going on.

Parents: "You WILL do what I say!"

Teen: "If that's the way you want it, I'll do what I WANT!"

Stage 3: Teen pregnancy and STDs.

There are probably teens out there who don't cut the apron strings or rebel, but I haven't met many. And the ones who play at being the most well-behaved and buttoned down are oftentimes very mischevious. They're their parents' little angels (until they're out of sight).

5. Mangosteen

i know many of these people.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

No one has ever argued the position that forcing them abstain is the way to go. No one is arguing against preparing their kids to deal with situations... At least not that I've seen in this thread. I've not... and I haven't seen any other posts that support that.

But it doesn't means parents have to accept that their kids are going to get freaky. Man the definition of 'getting freaky' must have lost some of its original meaning by now if my comment seems exaggerated.

7. Mangosteen

it has.
    Mainly cos that ist considered freaky anymore

but eventually the kids will have sex. and they'll need to know safety precautions. even if they have sex after marriage

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

It stemmed from PASmith saying parents act in the best interests of their children and me using abstinence-only education as an example of when that isn't a good thing. Not quite sure why its dragged out this far though.

Don't they? By "accept" I don't mean they have to roll on the condom for them but they do need to make sure the kid has all the knowledge about precautions, clear consent etc, the parents need to be open to questions and discussion, and the teenager needs to know they're not going to be punished if they do have sex. I don't see how a parent can provide all those if they don't "accept" that their kid is going to have sex.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  9. slipthejab

What are you even talking about? Mainly WHAT isn't considered freaky anymore. The bit I posted earlier? Well let me tell you if what I posted earlier and Southpaw took issue with isn't considered freaky anymore... then the end times are near!!!:bang:

Thank you Capt. Obvious. :bang:

10. Mangosteen

--zaad... contribute to the convo or just shut up. seriously.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  11. Mangosteen

the second date for the rapture just passed.

we are in the end of times.

12. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

My parents complained the world was going to Hell in a handbasket a long time ago. Gotta love the end of times.

13. slipthejab

Go back and read whats been posted repeatedly since the issue came up.
    NO ONE IS NOW NOR HAVE THEY EVER BEEN ARGUING PARENTS SHOULD GO THE ABSTINENCE ROUTE TO THE EXCLUSION OF EDUCATING THEIR KIDS ABOUT SEX.

I don't know how many more times it has to be posted before you understand it. This your personal hangover from using a very weak example to shore up your issues with parental control.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd with that ladies and gentlemen another thread has come to a close... as many a thread does here at MAP do... from hijinks to tedium... we generally get it all in. Good night.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.