"Letter of the week"

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by thepunisher, Sep 15, 2005.

1. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

hey everyone,

I'm a regular subscriber to the UK magazine "Autosport" ,as I'm a big motorsport and F1 fan. Well, last week I responded to a comment by a former F1 champion concerning Michael Schuhmacher and this morning upon opening the magazine (issue of Sept. 15.th) to page 30 I discovered that it had been chosen by the editors as one of the "Letters of the week" !! :) :) (see attached) Not only this but this means I'm an automatical winner of a Road Angel GPS device worth 400 pds !! :)

This really caught me by surprise but I'm happy although not sure what to do with the GPS device as I don't own a car yet.

Christian

Attached Files:

2. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Cool, congrats dude... ;)

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Congrats to you Christian....

That's a cool gadget.... I was looking at this page http://www.blackspot.com/products/newroadangel/ to read more about this .... I'd love one!

Save it for when you do own a car (or I guess you can ebay it ;) )

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

GPS systems are great, the woman gets a bit annoying sometimes, but the great thing is SHE HAS A MUTE BUTTON! :D Lol, congrats Christian, nice stuff (and I totally agree with your letter incidentally). :)

5. thepunisher

Thanks you guys.:D Yeah, I'll probably find a use for the GPS device in the future, give it to my dad or someone else who has a car or sell it on e-bay ;).

Glad you agree with my letter. I found that comment odd coming from a former champion but JS also made a similar comment some years ago: ""He is unquestionably the finest racing driver in the world today. He could certainly have six (titles).But I think he would be wise not to be too ambitious or, if you looked at it another way, too greedy." So my theory is, Mr. JS, who retired after winning three titles, is just jealous.

Christian

6. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

Congrats and I have to say that F1 is a damn sight more interesting now that Schumi doesn't keep winning :)

7. thepunisher

Well, lets hope it doesn't start to become a boring Kimi Raikkonen and McLaren steamroller instead. ;) I already hated the times when Mika Haikkinen gave his press conferences.

Christian

8. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

But the tears by the side of the race track, now they were special :)
    Of course it's become a much more interesting spectator sport now that they can only race on knackered, damaged tyres too.

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Well done Christian!

eBay!!!!!

... or maybe they have a cash alternative offer?

10. thepunisher

I thought about e-bay but to be honest, I'm not sure if I would even get back the original worth of the device. Maybe I'll just keep it until I get a car. Or give it to my mum. Haven't received it so far anyways, probably tomorrow with my latest issue.

Christian

11. thepunisher

Received my Road Angel GPS device today. :D :D Man, can't believe for simply writing a "Star Letter" as the chief sub editor of Autosport Gilian Bell (I was in brief e-mail contact with him) calls them, you receive a device that in any normal store would cost a bit more than 400 pds. Wow !!! :D :D

Christian

12. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

AWESOME, dude!!

If you want to check out the new device before you get your car, have you thought about 'geo-caching'? I don't know if it's caught on over on yuor side of the pond, but it's big news here in my area of the US.

http://www.geocaching.com/