Lau Gar Video Thread

Discussion in 'Kung Fu Resources' started by Banditshaw, Jun 5, 2007.

1. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I bet he never had his knees touching, Tch, rookie mistake.

2. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

thats cos you're a splinter club! thats bkfa sheep shearing that is!!! :woo:

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

LMAO just seen the picture of it going wrong :D:D:D

I challenge you to a sheep shearing gong sau!

4. SpikeD

[​IMG]

more effective than an armbar and slightly more disturbing.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  5. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you? I'll write this once more in the hope you understand:
    NOT ALL IDEA'S ARE EQUAL. Just because some people disagree, doesn't mean that suddenly it's all relative. To use a non-ethical argument: Just because creationists disagree with the theory of evolution, it doesn't mean that suddenly it's subjective.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make it right.

Well the declaration of human rights is a good start in that direction.

It matters because he might be lying, and a fraud - or did you miss that?

For someone who apparently doesn't care, you sure post alot. I care, so I post. I wonder why you bother?
    Anyway, i find it sad how many BKFA people play the "i don't care" card. If you really care about your art, i'd of thought lineage and the history of it would be quite important to you.

as for him being a great and respected master - does the phrase "citation needed" mean anything to you?

6. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

OMG. Back on topic almost (in that its not a vid). Yeah I've heard it call the goat catching stance but never the sheep shearing one. I can imaging this could lead to all sorts of tasteless Lau Gar procreating with sheep/goats jokes. Can't wait :D

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I had actually heard of the goat catching thing before, I remember chuckling a great deal!

May make my own goat catching video :D

8. SpikeD

[​IMG]

Don't want to raise suspicions but i think it may have already happened.

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I defeated the 8 legged lamb using an armbar actually. Lau gar just wouldn't work on a sheep.

*runs and hides............................* :D

10. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

...meanwhile at Lau Gar Wales........

"this is sheep shearing stance" Ba-a-a-a-a-a-aaaaaaa.

"are you sure you need your pants down for this sifu?"

BAAAAA-A-A-A-A-AAAAAAA

"yes dont question me"

BAAAAAAAAAA-A-A-A-A-A-AAAA

"as you can see class, the sheep is completely incapacitated and unable to get away!"

11. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Um, I'm fairly sure touching knees is the rookie mistake. They should be close enough, but not touching.

Pav: See my response to spikeylee. Just because cultures differ in morals, doesn't mean those moral codes are all equal and all right.
    It's quite clear from psycological experiments (questioning people about the classic "would you kill one person to save many" dilemna, and developing more scenarios from that) that morals are universal. They would appear to derive from both a harm principle, and from a golden rule one. Therefore you could easily get an objective moral code from those universal principles.

On topic: Sheep shearing stance? you BKFA lot will beleive anything! :p
    I'm going back to BJJ which is a true art, undiluted down the years and with a true lineage.
    OH. DAMN!!! ;)

12. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

ere' tarty its true about the stance! Iv looked it up on t'internet! its goat / sheep stance! Which was used to hold em down!!

its actually "goat gripping stance" or "kim yeung ma"

so put that in your tombola and use it as the top prize!!!!!!

13. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Yeah, but you are in - what you're saying now is you just want to say what you think is right and not be questioned about it - which, as we've heard numerous times now, appears to be the way Lau Gar works.

No, not everything - but certainly things like 'If you want the real truth, go and have it out with Master Yau' or 'If you really want to know, why don't you come to our gym...'

Rather than 'being' threatening, they're what we call 'attempts to intimidate the argument' because it reduces all the people who can comment on the issues right down to those who are prepared to go and put themsleves in a potentially dangerous situation for no reason - ironically, the very thing all good self defence instructors warn against.

If you, or others, make claims on the net, the 'proof' of those claims will never be that if I'm not brave enough to go to your class then they're proved. If you, like, like all the other cowards, then call people cowards - and divert the issue totally in to an ad hominem - like calling people stupid as well - then you just show that YOU are afraid - totally afraid of the spotlight being put on the issues.

They ARE attempts to intimidate and threaten and embarrass people in to not questioning - they are, no doubt about it.

Was your pm to me threatening? I dunno - I kind of laughed it off. Your door is open, yadda yadda... well, you know, that's kind of easy - why don't you allow the facts to be open, rather than 'your door'? Answer me that.

Actually, I'm brilliant - no joke. I'm off the scale; brilliant, wise, incisive, highly educated, razor sharp. Not very modest - but it's not like I have ridiculous titles and fake grades.

Is that where people play tennis? I take it you mean Tennesse? We all make typos - me especially because I type so fast, but at least try to check through the posts in which you're calling other people stupid and questioning their English comprehension.

I can decipher between written tones - I should be able to, I'm a writer. If you want to send me pm's telling me to shut up, because you say and it's causing bad blood, and crying and going all wimpy and sobbing because I was rude to you - I can choose to interpret them anyway I want. What we really should ask is WHY you want people to shut up. What are you hiding?

Oh, I think people can imagine what my response was. But, you are - you are that low - you've cheated Quan out of credibility, soley for personal gain. In my universe, you're barely worth even talking to until you redeem yourself and regain honour.

That's because you place more value on protecting your cronies - mostly because your own credibility and fate is bound up with them - than on protecting Glorious Quan, ancient and noble art of heroes.

Listen to yourself - you're saying that if your friends lied, other people are 'bad' and childish for uncovering those lies.

14. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

My bad on the spelling. Ill get over it.

Ahem *Clears throat*

Meh.

15. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Well that must be a photo from Lau Gar - it's someone getting fleeced.

16. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Yeah? You've already spelled 'I'll' incorrectly, just in that post.

17. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

thats actually funny! i cracked a grin then!

re ill: you understood it so who cares!! not me!

18. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

But most would take them as an invitation.

I don't expect you to comprehend that. Anything that questions your world view is obviously a threat. That's the F-q way.

Let me try to help you.

'Say that again and I'll snot you' is a threat. But not one being made to you. Just an example. I know how paranoid you are.

"Phone or email Steven and ask him your questions" is a suggestion.

"You are welcome to come to Accrington and talk to Steven or train with him if you want" is an invitation. It still stands.

Or to put it all in a better way.

Meh*

*This witty rejoinder is a rip-off of Mr. O's witty rejoinder. If a tm challange is issued I shall withdraw the "Meh"

19. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Apologies for my brief interjection, but a quick question to FQ if i may?

At what point will you be happy with this whole LG discusion? You seem to be on a quest to totally discredit it? Thats of course your option, and im not going to attempt to convince you to cease your activities or encourage them, im just curious as to where you are going with this and to what ends your planning on going?

Thanks

B.Monkey.

Apologies for any poor spelling or typo's, im at work and have limited internet time.

20. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Typos are fine, as are spelling mistakes - the point on those is that for those who call others stupid, or say they can't comprehend English, well, that path is beset on all sides by pitfalls.

But as ever with these things, the people who point out the stupid tactics of others end up being the ones tarred with the reputation for using them - lie down with dogs, rise up with fleas.

I'll be happy when I'm happy - but, I'm not really known for my easy going nature. In terms of Lau Gar, I'll be happy when it closes - when it gives out an official statement, acknowledging that it is not real Chinese Lau Gar, and is closing up shop.

I'll be happy when Michael Townsend PMs me to tell me how right I was, genuinely begging me to help him find the true path, because I think he still has a chance to redeem himself.

Steve Burton, I won't be happy until every one in the UK martial arts world knows and understands clearly what he's done. Am I going to go on and on about it? I doubt it - he's small fry really. But I'll mention it every so often.

Yes, it is a war - and a noble war, to protect something precious and good, and to show that all along, the people who pretended to be the defenders - even calling themselves 'guardians' and such, were the people who were killing it. And the people who've been spat on, all along, were the wisest, the most truthful, and the most honourable. When people see and understand that, I'll be happy.