Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do Resources' started by mdgee, Sep 8, 2014.

1. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Any good schools in the Vegas area? I would prefer ITF but will gladly do WTF if the instructor is good. Is this the correct place to ask? Oh, and I have compiled a list of ITF schools worldwide and it's growing. If you toss out an ITF school in Nevada that I haven't heard of, it would be a pleasant surprise.

Cheers,

Mark

2. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

3. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Brian, thanks. Will check them out. I had them bookmarked before but a friend told me that he thought that might be a McDojo school. Honestly, I don't know what is going to be right for me and my children. Ultimately what feels good to all but thank you for forcing me to look at this place again. I actually thought they were WTF.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  4. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

After all is said and done I may study Shotokan, Tang Soo Do, Hapkido, or Muay Thai. After all, we have more martial arts schools then you can shake a stick at in this part of the state.

5. Brian R. VanCis

Definitely not a McDojo.

Every art there is taught by different instructors and they are very reasonable compared to other schools in the area. They have ITF Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Tai Chi and IRT represented. Give it a try and see if it is for you.

6. Brian R. VanCis

The opportunities for training in Vegas are great!!!

7. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Brian, exactly what you said. I'm in martial arts heaven here. I found at least two muay thai schools, one great shotokan school, Hisardut, Kajukenbo, JJJ, Judo, and I know of a Tang Soo Do school that's around here somewhere. There are even several good Escrima/Kali schools too. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

8. Brian R. VanCis

9. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Brian, I don't drink either.

10. Brian R. VanCis

Hey, no problem there is always lunch! I eat as well. lol

Anyways, drop me a pm if you want to eat and hopefully
    you will find the right place for training that you are looking
    for.

11. mdgee