Lakeland Landscapes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Oct 31, 2006.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Ok - time for the boring holiday photos :)

A few Lakeland Landscapes from a very wet & soggy Lake District last week...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Wow, they're some great shots :)
    Seeing pictures like that makes me want to buy myself a decent camera instead of a decent camera phone

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

as said many times, many ways - its not the equipment, but how you use it....

I've seen some stonking pics taken with a camera phone, and ive seen some crap pics taken with an expensive DSLR

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Wow Yoda, you managed to get pics of my 2 favourite lake district places- Loughrigg and Langdale! Cheered me up, but realised how much I miss living up there too. :p

5. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Wow :) I want to go play!

Nice pics :cool:

Living there Su? :eek:

6. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Very nice pictures. What are you shooting with? Are you using filters or is that photo editing software, or just raw talent? Regardless very nice pictures. Makes me think of literature I've read.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yeah,I used to live in a cave! :p Nah, lived in the Lakes for 5 years, loved it! Only live 25 miles from there now so not too far. Perhaps we should have a MAP mountain bike excursion!! :p

8. Victoria

Not fair...I'd love to live there :love:

Get the flapjack in the oven I'm leaving now :D lol

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol Vic!

Got any more Yoda????

10. Sgt_Major

lol - the man has thousands of pics!

11. Victoria

I miss read that as "Got any more Vodka?"

Damn, got all excited too :(

12. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Those are some great photos.

I take it yodas into his photography then!

Darn, wish i could afford a camera, let alone a decent one.

13. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Those photos are HOT Yoda! Are you a professional photographer of something along those lines??

14. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

It's not really about decent cameras, I mean my camera is only 5 mega pixels but I get some beautiful shots! I got a load of wicked ones from New York! So cool!

Hey, maybe we should start a photography thread? But I'm too scared of my photos getting nicked (not sure why but I'm quite protective of my work).

:)

15. Sgt_Major

lol KP - just water mark them in PS. Yoda is a professional in everyones eyes but his own :D

If I could take pics half as good as his, I'd be calling myself a pro!

16. YODA

Howdy

I use a Nikon D200 body with a variety of lenses. For the above shots I used both the Nikon 17-55mm F2.8 DX and the Sigma 10-20mm DC.

No filters on these shots - but I do sometimes use a circular polariser and ND Grads.

As for the software or talent? I like to think a sprinkling of both :) The above shots have been adjusted for levels and shadow detail - not much else.

17. YODA

Go for it - I'd love to see them either here or elsewhere (check my sig.)

Don't worry about people nicking them - take it as a compliment - they're hardly going to make a fortune out of screen resolution photos anyway - and if they ever DO make the cover of National Geographic, it's pretty easy to prove yourself as the source.

18. YODA

Hard to say really. It depends how you differentiate amature & pro. Quality certainly isn't a reliable guideline - I know some pros who take shots I wouldn't put my name to.

For me - an amateur takes shots because he likes to. A pro takes shots because he's being paid to. I wear both hats as and when they fit :)

19. leon_x

leon_x Dai Low

hey yoda.. do you mind if i use them as my wallpaper?? :)

20. YODA

Not at all - be my guest :)