Kyokushin in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Lucius, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Lucius

Lucius Valued Member

Anyone know of any Kyokushin (or related or similar styles) in Glasgow?
    I've had a look on Google and in MAP's club database and there doesn't seem to be many.

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Yeh, you won't find any. There are only like 7 Kyukushin clubs in the whole of the UK and all are in England/Wales if I remember.

3. Bloke

Bloke Finally got married bloke

I dont think there are any in edinburgh under any organisation. But there are more than 7 in the UK.

Hanshi Arneils organistaion BKK under the IFK umbrella has 52 dojos in Great Britain. There are only 2 in Scotland, 12 in Wales and 38 in England.

There is also two smaller groups one with Shihan Midori and one with Kancho Matsui. I know Matsuis group has several dojo in Scotland so you should check them out.

Osu!

4. koto_ryu

koto_ryu Common sense is uncommon

I eventually found one through just calling up organizations around my area and asking if there was a teacher nearby. He actually teaches out of his garage but he's a top-notch instructor, mixing together the best elements of traditional and modern. It can't hurt to ask around and see.

5. TheCount

I realy wanna find a kyukushin school but I didn't manage to find any in my search lol!

6. wolfpackkali

wolfpackkali Valued Member

I know it's not the same, but Tei karate have a blinding club in blantyre, and I think in Glasgow city centre somewhere

7. Lucius

Lucius Valued Member

According to their webby, they have a club in Bearsden too, which is reasonably handy for me.
    Do you currently train with them?

8. heiwa

heiwa Valued Member

We also have a club in glasgow.

NRG Gym
    City Park building
    Alexandra parade
    Denniston

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanbudo

might not be waht you are looking for?? but might be worth a look.

9. TheCount

There is one Kyokushin clbu in Aberdeen and another in peterhead... but those are donkeys away from you, even me

10. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Have you tried looking for Ashihira Karate?,its an offshoot from Kyokushin. I know they have a school in Edinburgh so maybe Glasgow too.

http://www.ashiharakarate.co.uk/