KSW: St. Louis Tournament

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Wolf, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I'm just checking to see how many KSW people will be at the tournament in St. Louis this weekend. Maybe it would be possible for all of us KSW/MAP'ersto meet up sometime.

2. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

I was thinking about going... but my daughter has her dance recital, and then we have a tournament on 5/14 anyway so I figured I'd get my fill of competition then.

3. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

I would love to travel there to compete. Just can't make it this year. I will have to wait until the September tournament here in Texas. I would really like to compete in Korea this October...but can not afford to go. Good luck to those who will be competing.

4. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

I will be going, so will AZeitung. I have some other friends in my club that will be going, but as they are not on MAP, I am reluctant to divulge their names. I don't think RicRee101 will be going though. It'd be great if we could meet up; I'd really enjoy seeing some of you face to face for a change.

BTW, thanks for the luck; I'm in two competitions and I'll need it.

Also, good luck to those who are testing for black belt! They need it much more! :D

5. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Where is the Texas tournament going to be held. I'd really like to make it to that one as well. Also, thanks for the good luck wish. I'll need it as well!

6. Anvilfire

Anvilfire Valued Member

I think it will be in Kingwood,Tx ,my son is in Kuk sool won under Richard Roper of the KSW OF KINGWOOD.

7. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

Get him to join the forum then! We need his support to win ourselves a KSW section!

8. TXKukSoolBB

I am also hearing that it will be in Kingwood. This is where the Texas Tournament was held the last time the World Championships were held in Korea. It will be September 3-4. I'm sure the remaining details will be released soon.

9. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

I know of one of my instructors is definitely going, possibly a couple. She was telling me last night she is a bit sad that she isn't competing this time since she has been advanced to PSBN. I believe she'll be judging for sparring out there .

Wish I could go! :D

10. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

Just got back from the St. Louis tournament, lots of fun. KSWPaul's going to have to change his sig, HE GOT HIS BLACKBELT WHOOHOO! So did my friend KC, who will now be my instructor, but she's not on this forum, so nobody here cares but me and RicRee and AZeitung. Anyway

KUK SOOL :D

11. TXKukSoolBB

Congrats on a successful tournament. Congrats also to JKN KSWPaul. It is a great honor to bow before Kuk Sa Nim and be presented your certificate of Dan.

12. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Wish I'd been there, like I had originally intended.

13. ember

ember Valued Member

I haven't heard anything but what's posted on the association website yet, but I'll keep my ears open. I bet we'll hear on the 21st if not before, but I think they've got other things - like moving - on their minds right now.

14. TXKukSoolBB

Who is moving and where??? I had not heard anything.

15. ember

ember Valued Member

The KJNs bought a new building for the Clear Lake dojang.

It's only about two blocks from the current location, but much bigger & with room to practice outdoors. Classes are supposed to start in the new building on June 1, with no interruptions.

16. TXKukSoolBB

I bet it is going to be a great dojang. Hopefully they will post some pictures of it on their website. I wish we had an outdoor training area here. Maybe someday.

Thanks for the information.

17. ember

ember Valued Member

I hear it will be awesome, they are really going all out! I need to figure out what sort of moving-in gift to get, it sounds like it'll already have more than I could contribute.

So you're done with the testing cycle for a little while- Congratulations! Are you going to help out/watch testing at Kingwood on the 21st? It'll be my second time through.

18. TXKukSoolBB

Actually I should start my 2nd dan testing in August. It will depend on when my instructor tells me...but they have suggested August. I will be there on the 21st as my training partner for the last 4 years is being promoted to Kyo Sa Nim and then we will have our usual school dinner at the Golden Corral after. I also have 6 of my DBN students testing. For three it will be their first testing and for the other three it will be there 5th.

Good luck on your testing. This is a great time of year to test there (KJC) as the floor does not get as sticky as in August...and it's not as cold as in November.

19. ember

ember Valued Member

Wow, congratulations!

My carpool group seems to be developing a tradition of going to an Asian restaurant after testing, there's one by the mall perhaps a mile south on the highway. We did that the last two tests (mostly watching, in November) and it's been pretty good.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it.

I went outside in February, over by the tennis courts. That was an awesome test. Of course, it helped that a few of us had been training outside about once a week since September, I was used to terrain.

I would like it if we could do that again, although it is warmer now.