Korbys fight.

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by NaughtyKnight, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Just read Korbys fight, but it was closed before I could make a reply.

You guys need to relax. I used to fight with mates in garages every week. Often we didnt wear gloves.

Who really cares if it was an "officially sanctioned fight" or not. Do you know how fun it is to play around with the mates, you know your not going to get stomped or kicked in the nutts. You dont get seriously hurt, and you have a few beers with them after and enjoy the fact that you had fun.

It was my number one way of losing stress before I found TKD and then JKD.

Its part of growing up.

And to say that it adds to the bad name of boxing, thats a load of crap. No one really cares in the real world. No one is going to thing, chirst their using boxing, ban it. They probably have no idea their even using boxing, which they werent btw.

Seriously people relax.

2. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

KC, no offence but if you had bare knuckle fights in your basement that's equally stupid. Saying "it's fun" and "it helps me to lose stress" doesn't stop it from being dangerous.

3. People assault old ladies every week :rolleyes: People do numerous things every week. That doesn't automatically make them acceptable.

We're not saying it's got to be AIBA sanctioned. We're merely saying "get some experience before you flail away at your mate". People burn buildings down for fun. That doesn't make it any better :rolleyes:

From previous threads, you can see we agree on the subject of fighting. This is just mindlessness, really. You seem to think everything is a "way of growing up".

If they weren't using boxing, then the words "my first boxing match" and "basement boxing" shouldn't be included. If one of 'em dies, what happens when all over the papers is written "child dies by boxing"?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  4. NaughtyKnight

Burning down buildings for fun is a bit different to fighting your mate in a garage. Burning down a building affects other people, making it morally wrong.

He is getting experience. :rolleyes:

Because it is. Im glad I did the things I did when I was growing up, it made my life exciting. Smoking, Drinking, etc. There all pretty bad for you, and dumb. Does that stop people doing it when they grow up. No, because life is about experiencing what you can while your here, and while it probably will shorten your life, a life lived in fear is a life half lived.

5. NaughtyKnight

Tell that to the irish.

Someone people find it fun, some people dont. It may be stupid, but what isnt when your young.

Damn, you guys have got me in the mood for some good ol garage fighting now. I'll try not to die and tarnish the name of boxing. :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  6. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Having missed that thread...

Look, if a bunch of kids want to go bare knuckles in their basement, oh well. I, as a responsible adult, can sit here and preach all I want that it's not safe, but in the end, if they're all willing participants it's Darwinism in action :D When they come crying to me that they've gotten hurt, I'm honestly going to say nothing more than "I told you so".

7. NaughtyKnight

The original thread wasnt even about bare knuckle boxing. They guys were fighting with boxing gloves, and mouthgards.

Everyone was pretty much having a go at him for not having an offical fight and training.

I was actually shocked that people were so uptight about it. Havent any of you had your own fight club! :confused:

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The original thread was closed because it was getting out of hand, attacks were being thrown and the subject of conversation lost.

Please, lets not let this thread go down the same road...

9. It actually happened that everyone told him it was not safe. Then the whole system escalated. It finally reached a conclusion and was locked. Then, this thread is created for some weird reason.

10. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I gotta say Ive done the same in my youth. Not so much 'boxing' as grappling/wrestling/submission ... and yeah, it is dangerous, but we knew that, and we hadnt been trained in anything. sure we lost a couple teeth, had some black eyes, but it wasnt a "I'm gonna tear your head off" fight, it was a "Im gonna have fun making you look like a numpty" mess around, and yeah, it got carried away sometimes, and someone got hurt, but not seriously, none of us were throwing full-power KO punches, hell, we likely couldnt have even had we wanted.

11. NaughtyKnight

Exactly right Silat. Its great fun, and perfect pressure testing aswell.

It also disproves some utter crap that you here people say. Such as little people cant beat big people. I saw a 4ft asian guy drop a mountain Filo guy.

The best part is laughing at eachother as you have a few beers afterwards.

I did it ever lunch time while I was still at school, at my mates house across the road. We got busted for it after a week, because coming to school after lunch with fresh brusies isnt too smart. That and drunk aswell rofl.

12. Sgt_Major

lol. Naw we werent that regular...more a weekends/holidays kinda thing. Tho my big brother and I did do a lot every night, but that was a little more serious ;0

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I don't see much of a problem with a little mess around, but when it comes to a point where someone starts getting hammered, or starts getting wobbly due to knocks, then it's time to lay off....

14. NaughtyKnight

Unsafe. LOL, who cares, so is many things. Im not going to go and sit in a corner my whole life just cause I might get a bit of pain.

15. NaughtyKnight

Of course. No one got beaten to a pulp. There were some damaging blows but nothing that a bit of ice and a good sleep could fix.

Its nothing like gangfights or streetfighting. Your fighting your mate, if you see that there taking too many shots, you ease up and go and drink some beer. :D

16. Sgt_Major

yeah, I agree. Nobody's going for the money-shot

17. NaughtyKnight

I should hope not! It was all guys fighting. :D

18. Sgt_Major

lmao! Not tha...... I give up!

19. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Even though this is about my fight, I think I'll stay outta this one. :)

20. No, it was korby's! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.