Kickboxing in Bridgend area?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Mad Ahab, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Mad Ahab

Mad Ahab Valued Member

I'm looking for a kickboxing/muay thai class in the Bridgend/Porthcawl/Cowbridge/Llantwit area...
    Does anyone know of a club?

2. relish

relish Valued Member

Try you local council website, google your town name and it'll no doubt be there! Good luck

3. Mad Ahab

Mad Ahab Valued Member

sadly no such luck...

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

There's Muay Thai in Pyshiqu Gym in Brackla, I think the guy that runs it is called Paul and it runs Wednesday and Sunday nights.

Top notch stuff, I've trained there in the past and recommend it.

Its at Physique Health & Fitness Centre, 16-19, The Triangle Shopping Centre, Brackla, Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan CF31 2LL.
    Tel: 01656 668177
    http://www.phrayapichai.com/

5. Mad Ahab

Mad Ahab Valued Member

I've got to start reading all my threads before I start posting (see boxing thread).
    Thanks for your answer.
    I've given Physique a ring, but the classes are now on Monday evenings (clashes with judo for me!)
    I might still give it a go...

6. Mad Ahab

Mad Ahab Valued Member

The class at the Physique gym is not happening anymore... Paul, the instructor seems to have gone walkabout!
    I've tried giving him a ring, but no answer.

I found out they had kickboxing classes at the rec. in Cowbridge. I went to have a look, but it was an absolute shocker. The oldest person there (apart from the instructor) was 12... not impressed...

I'm at a loss what to do now... There seems to be a muay thai club in Barry, but this is a bit far for me to train regularly, and they all seem like a really rough & tough bunch. I'm not sure I wouldn't feel a bit out of place.