Kickboxing grading help

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Jakes21, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Jakes21

Jakes21 New Member

Hi ppl, i have a grading coming up.the 28th nov..its gna be 4 hours of hell.now my question is what can i eat,drink to give me lots of energy for that day?should i start with sum loading supplement a few days earlier?and what.im busy with jogging,etc. Thanx in advance

2. carl hammond

carl hammond New Member

Hi mate

I have done a few gradings now and my last one was 4hrs long, I had scrambled egg on toast early in the mornign at about 9am (grading was starting at 12 noon), then a banana 30 mins before the grading and had 2 still lucozade drinks for during along with a mars bar.

These help bring the sugar levels back if they start to lower during the time your grading.

Hope this helps

PS what grade / belt are you going for as the earlier belts are over within an hour or two but the session carries on after this whilst your sitting out watching or go home.

Carl

3. Jamesladd

Jamesladd New Member

Try tuna pasta n sweet corn, it burns off slowly and releases energy more effective eat a few bananas ect. what grading belt u going for though I have my grading this Sunday 17th October at 10am till 12pm

4. Kazuya_Mishima

Kazuya_Mishima Valued Member

I would highly recommend some kind of stir fry. Maybe with salmon, peanuts, prepackaged frozen stir fry veggies. And you can never go wrong with a nice energy bar 20-30 minutes before grading. Good luck.