KICKBOXING GEELONG

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by BROWN, Sep 26, 2008.

1. BROWN

BROWN Valued Member

Any one know of a Kickboxing Gym in Geelong Australia

There is a Mutai class runs twice a week, checked it out wasn't overly impressed.

Thanks

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Do you have a website address for us to take a look at?

At the end of the day you must trust your own judgement.

3. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

and?

4. doingtime

doingtime New Member

muay thai

just enquiring brown how many times did you do muay thai?

5. BROWN

BROWN Valued Member

Look I wasn't trying to bag out on muay thai, I actually was thinking about starting, (so I havent done it yet) it's just that when I went and watched a class I didn't see much energy being used and how the class was run just didnt get me excited about it.

I'd still love to learn and have been talking to a guy at me boxing club who's done it for ten years and might start teaching me.

So my post was a simple question about where to learn, not a dis on muay thai!

6. doingtime

doingtime New Member

brown i just interested on your thread because it depends on what direction you wanted to go your could stay in doing the graded side of muay thai or get into fight classes which requires a lot of dedication to even be fit for fights ,so you might of gone to a night where gradings were coming up ,so reviewing techinque was more the focus of the class ,give it another go

7. BROWN

BROWN Valued Member

Thanx doingtime you are probably right, that description seems to fit what I saw.
    I dont really care about grading stuff,more interested in the sparring, but I understand technique work is needed.
    Mite try it again... its tues and thurs nites which are my only nights off from training or doorwork so mite be a bit of a struggle to get a mrs pass anyway.

thanks for the reply