Kempo Schools in/near Montreal North Shore?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by JesterX, Mar 4, 2009.

1. JesterX

JesterX Valued Member

When I was younger, I've been studying Shaolin Kempo under Danny Masson in Verdun. I loved it a *lot*.

But I moved in Deux-Montagnes and I believe she doesn't teach anymore.

Now, I wan't to go back to my roots and study kempo once more... for good this time.

I know of one Kempo teacher that I really like, but his school is in Beaconsfield, which is very far from where I live.

I know there is also at least two Kempo schools/organizations in my region but I don't know if they are good:

Kempo Karate Sunfuki (Nick Cerio's Kempo)
    and
    Serge Piché (a Student of Jean-Guy Angell which was a student of George Pesare)

Are those any good?

I believe that in the Jean-Guy Angell system, they don't have a curriculum as big as in the Nick Cerio's Kempo/Shaolin Kempo. But I'm not sure.

I *do* like to learn a *lot* of techniques, that's what I like in Shaolin Kempo which teach "Numbered techniques", "Animals Techniques", Various Blocking system and such...

I've heard that Ed Parker's Kempo also have a huge curriculum of techniques but I don't think they have schools in Quebec.

Can someone help me find the best school for my tastes?

2. Almost A Ghost

Almost A Ghost Valued Member

There is a guy that posts regularly on Martialtalk.com, his handle is Marlon, and he's in Montreal, here's the link from his profile. Good luck in your search.

http://www.shaolinkempo.ca/

3. JesterX

JesterX Valued Member

Yeah, he is the owner of that Beaconsfield school I was mentioning. That guy is really one of the best teacher I know.

Sad that It's that far from my home (about 40 minutes in car and I don't have a car)