Karate Check In

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Saz, Oct 18, 2003.

1. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Seems like the TKD check in blew us out of the water...

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

And all the other Check in Threads too...

C'mon Karate-ka, where are you all? :D

3. happywelshgal

happywelshgal New Member

Hey, I'm A Nidan in Shotokan, and it seems one of very few shotokan practitioners here! lol

4. cockney

cockney New Member

I'm Chris, nidan in shotokan karate. 22 years still learning very open to other arts, having trained at other dojo's with different styles. Training in Doncaster, South Yorkshire at the moment, but did most of my training in London where I am originally from.
    Always looking for good clubs to visit to carry on learning.
    :D

5. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

3 kyu
    Shorin-ryu Karate

The Shorin ryu style focuses on staying fluid, so that you can get more power from your hips and legs. Also emphasis on combos.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  6. olden sloh

olden sloh New Member

Hey:
    Orange Belt Goju Kai
    Similar to Yamaguchi, but not affiliated therefore referred to as Canadian Goju Kai. Style introduced to Canada by Sensei Bob Dalgleish in the 70's.
    Sudbury ON

7. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

Is goju kai still having manament problems like it did?

I know of clubs that swiched to goju ryu just because of that.

Regards Kerling

8. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Chinese Kara-Ho Kempo Karate here:)

Founder of the art was Professor William Kwai Sun Chow of Hawaii.

9. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

Okinawan Shorin Ryu hybrid with aikido and arnis (eskrima for those non-Filipinos. Don't feel too bad :] ) Got a green there, left because the chief instructor died.

Got into shotokan. Got a yellow. Left because I felt I was not improving.

Entered a mixed martial arts school, that has a striking art base. Chief Instructor was nice enough to let me retain the green belt. Earned my first dan rank there. Remained at that rank because got not no money to pay for promotion.

Been at it for 5+ years. Stopped counting after.

10. BigBadBob

BigBadBob New Member

Hi,

I'm Bob and I'm 6th Kyu training in the Okinawan Shorin Ryu Katate club at the University of Southampton, UK.

For anyone interested we have a website at

www.soton.ac.uk/~shorin

11. karateBW

karateBW New Member

I guess I'll delurk to sound off, because I haven't heard from any one studying Ryukyu Kempo.

My school, http://www.indianama.com , is a Dillman school. That means we are all about pressure points. I like to call it "ancient chineese secret" karate (even though it is Okinawan). I have learned some amazing things.

I am 4th kyu, purple belt in our dojo, which I can't stand, but I will hit brown in a couple months.

My sensai teaches several weapons, and I have a good understanding of arnis, sai, and I am a nunchaku nut.

I am also 37 and way out of shape, but working on it!

bw

12. Paul Herbert

Paul Herbert New Member

Hi I'm Paul. I've been training in Shotokan for just over 20 years now and hold the grade of Yon Dan with the JKA. I'm a direct student of the late Sensei Enoeda 9th Dan JKA and now train under the guidence of Sensei Yoshinobu Ohta 6th Dan JKA. I have a JKA/EKGB dojo in the South East of England. Please drop by our website www.dartfordskc.co.uk

Oss

13. Cain

Cain New Member

Welcome to the forums guys, hope you enjoy MAP for a long time to come ;)

Just ignore the sarcasms and you'll be fine :D

|Cain|

14. Dirk Dagger

Dirk Dagger I Love Kelly Hu

Hi,

It's Dirk here, also known as Dagger. Well, just look it up to the dictionary and you'll see that Dirk means "Dagger." And I thought that Dirk's such a sissy name.

Anyway, I'm studying Shotokan Karate under the Japan Karate Association. I'm from Philippines, currently 1st kyu(brown), and I'm working my way to get the much coveted 1st Dan next year. I'll be opening a dojo soon so wish me luck!

15. xubis

xubis New Member

Shotokan
    Sensei Steve King and Seb King
    Around cambridgeshire, UK :)

16. humblegojuguy

humblegojuguy New Member

3rd Kyu Goju-ryu Karate here

17. Cain

Cain New Member

About time you posted in here xubis, who else is still in that hole? ;)

|Cain|

18. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

=>Em-em
    =>Shotokan karate
    =>had various schools so my belt's pretty much mixed up
    =>currently under Karate Development Arts and Sports, white belt

19. ketong71

ketong71 Valued Member

Hi,

Ketong71 (Keith) here. 2nd Dan Shotokan.

20. kempocos

kempocos Valued Member

karateBW - . I am a BB in RYUKYU KEMPO Not DILLMAN origanly under TAIKA OYATA he is the one who taught DILLMAN the KYUSHO/TUITE and started him off on the path he is on. I now train under Rick Moneymaker line. Be carful with the knockouts the are not safe they way they are often done. PM me there is some info I can point you to on the TCM / KYUSHO/ TORITE-TUITE the views on combat effectiveness from some may differ from where you study but in my book more info the better.