Journals, the A-list

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by MuayKiDo, Nov 8, 2004.

1. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Dear MAP moderators, I have a suggestion.
    In the journal section is a top of the 'most watched journals'. This is cool, ofcourse. However, I believe it has reached a point were there list will remain the same for a simple reason: newer journals can never catch up to a +5000 views journal!

So, dear MAP moderators, my suggestion is to, beside the original 'most watched list' make a new list titled: 'journal of the month (or week, or watever is posible for you moderators). This list should display journals that got the most views during a certain week/month/whateveryoulike. This way, new popular writers can recieve some merit. Not that I don't like the verterans, but you catch my drift, right? ;)

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I like the idea :)

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Be sure to keep an eye out for an award for Best Journal !
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=343204#post343204

As you can see I've dumped most of my entries and still they view them!....

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

True. But what you did leave is truely inspiring.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Thanks Johnny... I hope to add more "inspiring" stuff eventually!

6. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Ok, the idea of a yearly awards is welcome ofcourse! But my suggestion was list of most watched journals per month/week. Is something like that possible? :confused:

By the way, I would like to compliment all the moderators here. I understand that you are having a hard time right now. Don't worry, this forum is heavenly moderated compared to the Dutch aikikai forum that I visit.;)

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

There's an update to the Journal software we use due very soon. I think it addresses this issue pretty well.

Watch this space!

8. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

I will, Yoda... I will....and thanks.

*makes dramatic exit stage left* :D