Jedi Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Obewan, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

I vary the workout. The first 20min is a mix of jogging to full out running on an incline, get my heart rate up to about 120-125. Then the next 25 min a mix of fast walking to just under a jog. This kept my heart rate over 100. That may not seem high but my normal heart rate is about 45.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Good for you. I just get bored to tears by it.

3. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Oh no doubt, the only reason I did was so I could get an aerobic workout that was different so I could rest my joints, I'll be back in the dojang tonight for more hyung training. :cool:

4. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Another good workout.

Advanced hyung 4 at 4 times each, low stances, focus, balance. 40 minutes, weighed 188lbs :bang:

5. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Yesterday, good work out I'm feeling the results seems my endurance is somewhat better, my knee caps feel as if they want to explode out of my knees. Going to be a problem, but I'm going to work through the pain, I actually think their getting stronger. It's having a bad impact on my stances so I've had to adjust (higher stances) but I feel if I push myself I'll get lower as time progresses. Gained a pound, but I think I'm losing fat I've started measuring my waist, to see if I'm losing fat and gaining muscle. 42" at my belly button, 189lbs today.

6. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Rest yesterday, my darn knees! :mad: weighed 187lbs this morning. :)

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

start swimming. great active rest for your knees. water as resistance and all that

8. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Have you ever tried a foam roller on your legs? That and a strengthening program may work miracles for you. However, you may wish to have your knees checked out.

9. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Foam Roller no the first I've heard of that was on your log from the article Frodo posted, I'll look into that more. AFA getting my knees looked at I think maybe I should, I'm trying to get all my health issues taken care of because I'm not sure how long I can afford health insurance, so I will probably bring it to my doc's attention.

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

11. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Foam rollers are cheap therapy. It is quite possible you have IT band issues that can mock knee pain. I had it myself and found that squats and foam roller pretty much cured it for me. You can buy a roller online or in a store for 10-25$. There are a ton of videos on youtube that show you what to do.

12. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Thanks everyone, I'm going to take all of your advise. Tonight's training went ok, still knee issues, not quite as bad I warmed up more, and rest yesterday. Did some kicks after hyung training. Seven basic kicks 10 each without setting the leg down. It's not much but after the hyung which I'm able to get through a little quicker without the low stances I still had some gas in my tank. That put me where I wanted to be.

13. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

I changed my diet, I'm going on an anti inflammatory diet, Low carb food seems to be the best. I'm trying the Atkins Diet. Working on swats and the tennis ball thing. As soon as I locate a foam roller I'll be using that as well. Took yesterday off to rest my knees.

14. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Best place is probably a sporting goods store like sports authority (if you live in the US), or online. Let us know your experience with the diet.

15. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

yep keep us updated on the diet.

Low carb has worked really well for me. Less acid reflux (halved my esomeprazole), more energy, and 2 inches off the waist.

16. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Ordered my foam roller, should get it in a couple days, took 4 days off totally, My knees feel good, going to try a workout tonight.

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Love my foam roller, an excellent piece of training equipment.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I had good results with no starch rather than no carb, but either approach seems to yield some relatively safe and quick weight loss

19. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Ok back at it today! Five day's rest, wow! I thought I'd be back to square one, however it went great my knees feel better. Did all hyung one time each empty hand and weapons = 16 hyung, speed and power, stances half way, that's all I dare right now. Squats spread out all day 10 rep's about 5 times today. I want to get to 100 squats with no weight then maybe add some resistance. 150 self defense techniques mostly for memorization, did that for my cool down. Still waiting for my roller, I'm studying up on the exercises for it. My diets going ok, the weekends are tough, got into the beer a little ;) about 1.5 inches off my waist I'll weigh in tomorrow.

20. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Rest periods between intense weeks of training can actually be very productive. While your at it, google the zig zag diet. It changed my perspective on dieting. Glad your knees are better and continuing the training.