Jean Claud Van Damme going to K1

Discussion in 'MMA' started by CobraMaximus, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

LMAO :D Enough to make anyone tap! :)

2. CobraMaximus

CobraMaximus Banned Banned

You can clearly see he is paying attention to the obvious agony his victim is in and he has really mastered submission holds

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Looks like this whole thing of Van Damme in the K1 turning out to be true. Fightsport have just posted a peice which quoted Van Damme saying " I want to return to fighting and win the K1."

But of course, actions speak louder than words, so we shall have to wait and see if he actually goes ahead with it.

4. Paul 100

Paul 100 New Member

hmm i didnt believe it at first but i might believe it now..cos hes 44 and doing the film Kumite and it says hes going to try it at 45 after the film....

P.S in the picture hes not looking at the guy because he had chalk or something thrown in his eyes lol.......

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'll believe it when I see him in a ring and hear the bell. K-1 still haven't said anything about him signing up and I could say that I was fighting for K-1 in an interview, but that wouldn't make me the next K-1 GP champion. Frank Shamrock, for example, says he's signed up with Pride everytime he gets near a journalist, not to mention the ongoing Tyson debacle.
    If Van Damme does fight, I predict he'll get dropped very quickly. Movie-fu and katas are one thing, K-1 is quite another
    From the Fightsport article:

"Actor and Supposed martial artist Jean-Claude Van Damme told the media that he would like to "return to fighting and win the K-1 world title".

The 44-year old Van Damme claims to have once been European karate champion, but his claims have since been thoroughly researched and supposedly found to be false.

Furthermore, Howard Hanson, President of the World Karate Association, claims that he only found evidence of Van Damme competing in one amateur bout."

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I seriously doubt that time will come. It reminds me of the whole Mike Tyson to fight Sapp malarkey that was all over the press not so long ago.

If he was to fight, I'm sure K1 would put him against some nobody fighters and try sponge as much they can from him.

7. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

yeah, his sub looks.......

...IRREVERSIBLE

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

But Bolo always gets owned by film stars! :D

9. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

He looks as if his opponent's corner-towel-girl just flashed him.

10. SpinStorm

SpinStorm Valued Member

Random and unrelated, but I would love to see Bob Sapp squash Tyson :D

11. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Er.... well..... ok???

[​IMG]

oooh, come here baby it's 'Sapp Time'! :D

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

That sounds pretty far fetched, but Van Damme has been known to do some real off the wall stuff before. Aged 45? Wow, thats a real reach.

13. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I had to read it to believe it myself

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_12-12-2004_pg9_3

He said: “I am planning to go back to fighting next year when I am 45. I gave up fighting a long time ago because it offers no perspectives and there are people who do not respect their art.

But now I want to fight again to prove something to myself. I’d be the first actor to fight in K-1 and also the oldest competitor.” Van Damme also revealed that he has little time for slender women and would always pick a “muscular” woman over a thin one - but only on condition she had big brains to match."

What a guy!! :D

14. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

From what I hear Van Damme is very good at chasing the girls he just gets board with them fast. He’s on his 5th marriage. As far as going back to fighting they can not find a record of any fights. I talked to one of his instructors and he told me that Van Damme never fought.

15. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Yeah, but did you check out that coffe drinking elephant that attracts tourists?

16. Kev63

Kev63 New Member

wtf is K-1

17. Dave Rees

Dave Rees Old Git!

I cannot wait to see him fight in K-1!! It'll be a right laugh & it'll pull in lot's of viewers!

18. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

K-1 is a mixed-martial arts circuit, very popular in Japan. What separates K-1 from other MMA organizations, like Pride Fighting Championships or the Ultimate Fighting Championship is that unlike Pride and UFC, where the action often winds up in grapples and submission holds, K-1 fights pit two strikers against each other. It's essentially a boxing match in which the fighters use all four limbs. The K-1 fighters come from a variety of martial arts traditions, from kickboxing to karate to traditional boxing, in fact, Muhammad Ali is an honorary K-1 member.

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

K1 hold two types of martial art competitions; MMA, and Thai boxing. Van Damme will undoubtly enter the Thai boxing competitions.

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I'm sorry, my eyesight is fading, she had to have big what???

;) :eek: