Jean Claud Van Damme going to K1

Discussion in 'MMA' started by CobraMaximus, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Paul 100

Paul 100 New Member

Im not sure if this is true because he is in the process of makeing a new film called Kumite so how could he do that while still train for K-1.....

But if it is Good luck to him.....

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Care to share your source on this? I've found no mention of it on the official K-1 or Jean Claude Van Damme websites, a quick Google search or any of the MMA news sites I visit.
    Most of the stuff I've found on him gives the impression that the only thing he was champion of was Shotokan kata and had a couple of karate tournament fighting wins, so if he does fight in K-1 he'll have a short match. Movie fighters should stick to fighting in films

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I seriously doubt its true. Plus the fact that within the next few days, he's due to be teaching at a school in this town.

4. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I think anyone who puts themselves in the ring is due some respect and at 45 if he did go in a K1 ring then good luck to him.

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm still trying to wipe my brain of all the unnecessary Van Damme related info I've filled my head with, researching this :eek: If it was true, I'd have come up with something other than this page stating it, it'd be everywhere. I really hope it's not true; K-1's got enough credibility problems right now with their freak shows and dodgy judging, they don't need a 45 year old has been action hero adding to that
    You going to that seminar, Yuki?

6. Paul 100

Paul 100 New Member

who knows he could do well if its true hes not really a has been as hes still in good shape

7. jokerlaughsatu

jokerlaughsatu New Member

all i can say is he better be able to fight, becasue he cant act.

8. Paul 100

Paul 100 New Member

9. CobraMaximus

CobraMaximus Banned Banned

Lol Van Damme is so popular. joker, cud u answer me one thing though, what the <removed> is that in your display pic

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2004
  10. Paul 100

Paul 100 New Member

11. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

He was never a fighter he was a kata champ. It might be interesting to see how he does if it’s true.

12. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I very much doubt its true

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol certianally not :) You have to be a member of the school, and you have to pay an extortianate price of 900 pounds plus to watch.

I'm not really interested in the whole thing.

14. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA! Nine HUNDRED pounds just to watch?! I wouldn't pay that much to train one session with Randy Couture, let alone some has been action star that's only ever won a kata title!

15. bigd

bigd New Member

IF this is true hey

at least he's doing something,and i think VAN DAMME has alot to prove so this is a good chance.

but K-1 huh! he better hope he can really fight the way he did in bloodsport,cause going in there none of this stuff is choregraphed.if it's true

good luck to him.

hey who knows after this he might go on to UFC,and he can go against MARK Hunt,or tito,hey maby chuck liddell

ha ha ha ha ha lol nah but good luck to him

16. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Van Damme has slick submission skills. Check this out.

[​IMG]

"Say it. SAY IT!"

"Matte..."

17. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

I can only find this story here;

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1205538.html

He definitely seems to be taking an interest in K-1, but I can't see him fighting. He's using alot of K-1 fighters for his new movie 'Kumite' which could explain all the interest?

18. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Thats a tight sub....

NO WAY OUT OF THAT!!! :D

19. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Valued Member

heh, now all we need is for that Tyson rumour to pan out and we can have " 'Iron' Mike Tyson Vs 'The Muscles from Brussels' Jean Claude VanDamme" ... think of the headlines... well, I imagine they'd read a lot like that... but still... it's cool to think about :)

Yeah VanDamme did a guest spot in a school near me too - can't say his gurning face was exactly what I wanted to see on my doorstep when I picked up the local paper... slow news day.

20. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

OMG , what a photo. LOL.