[Japan] Japanese

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jeff, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Mine did. 3 years of it. Now, since they have 9th graders too, I suppose they have 4 years. :D

But I live on the West Coast, so there is more chance of you running into a Japanese person here than in Wisconsin or Ohio or some other loser state. =/

PL

2. Jeff

Jeff New Member

no, I'm in college, no japanese classes...I've looked around in town as well, but I can't go to the only one I found...I can't get home after 8 and classes end at 9:30...self study or no study at this rate...

3. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

:cry: why is Hangul (koreas language) so much harder and confusing then Japanese :cry:

4. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

ignore my previous post.

Yea, YOu should stick to self studying for the meantime till you find a school or till you travel..thats what i'm doin.

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I have some Japanese for you:

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi - Full Metal Alchemist
    Inuyasha - Dog demon that flies by night
    Sesshomaru - Circle of Life Ender

I can hook you up with some more phrases :D :D :D :D :D

Language training is really hard, I personally hate it. It's frustrating when you wan't to say something but you can't because you lack the fuency. etc.

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Check out this website;
    http://www.thejapanesepage.com/
    Importantly, learn what words you should use when referring to yourself and other people. 'Oresama' is not a good way to introduce yourself. Referring to somebody you have just met as 'onore' is going to hurt you more than it hurts them.
    Learning particles is the key to stringing japanese sentences together.
    Don't let romaji become a crutch. Start accustoming yourself to reading hiragana and kanji.

7. hanna_do_mulla

hanna_do_mulla New Member

hangul-->japanese

It is more easy for a westerner to learn how to speak Japanese. The written language is a differend story altogether. Here Korean is a lot easier to learn due to the fact that it is basically an alphabet (24 letters). For Japanese you need to memorize some 3000 or so Kanji in order to read a newspaper.