Jailhouse Rock Style

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by TigerKai, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailhouse_rock

I've actually come up against this in a real fight. It is very effective attacking method mostly used by really experienced bar brawlers and bikers. There was no defense that I could tell, it is a way of attacking someone and ending the fight really early, even against someone much stronger or a pro fighter.

They pretty much rely on suprise, like a cheap shot, except instead of a punch, it's a rear leg scissor tackle from behind or the side while the opponent's arms are tied up in the grapple from behind or occupied with trying to block the impact from the floor. Right when the victim hits the floor they start beating them in the back or side of the head, leaving them stunned.

This is what they do when they "roll" someone, one guy makes the initial jump on the victim, then the others also pound, stomp, and restrain him once he's stunned, then they take his wallet and leave him for the ambulance.

They actually practice to do this, sort of like a martial art. Ever encounter this way of fighting?

2. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

3. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Did you actually fight a practitioner of Jailhouse Rock, or did you just get jumped?

4. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

I watched another guy get pounded down. It was one truckload of hicks vs. another one over drag racing of all things. The guy doing the jailhouse rock type of attacks beat the crap out of most of them while everyone else was streetfighting.

5. MadMonk108

Did he actually do Jailhouse Rock?

Otherwise how would you know the difference?

Everything in your description doesn't say much about Jailhouse Rock or differentiates it from any group of thugs jumping someone.

Come on Stirfry, give us something with some meat on it.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Jailhouse Rock is no joke.
    Anyone who drops that on your head is a bad mama-jamma! :eek:

I've never been involved directly in it myself but I did witness some...
    luckily I had my camera and snapped this shot of Jailhouse Rock in action!!!!

GASP!!!!!

Attached Files:

7. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

wow!! thats a great shot slip! your so lucky seeing that! did you snap elvis doing that leg scissor move mentioned earlier? devastating! :)

8. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

:D

9. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

The guy that I think was using the style was kicking ass, the others were just going at it like bar brawlers. I asked him why he fought like that. He said that years ago, a Korean biker took him and about 4 of his bar buddies out behind the bar and worked with them for about 3 different days.

It was pretty much the same concept as shooting the legs except applied to the upper body by suprise. He would suddenly launch his body onto someone's chest or back by suprise and the weight and him using his legs would drop the guy to the ground, plus he targeted drunks.

Then he just pounded away.

The notable thing is that he was overwhelmingly better than just the average streetfighter type. And there was no defensive moves that I could see of. Just this jumping someone down and pounding them, which works very good when noone expects it.

10. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I remember Daniel Marks with the help of John Wheaton III introducing Jailhouse boxing at a seminar quite a few years back. There were no scissor kicks...but there were lots of headbutting, covering, multiple striking, groin kicks, knees, elbows, take downs, and etc. The reinforcing aspects were pretty cool and it was a straight forward style.

My dad spent some quite a bit of time in the penn and they moved pretty close to the way he did the few occasions I saw him get into a fight.

Apparently it's not supposed to be just taught to anyone...or something like that.

11. shootodog

shootodog restless native

are you speaking of 52-handblocks aka jailhouse 52 aka jailhouse rock aka jailhouse boxing? if you are then you didn't see it from bikers. no. except for mel gibson 98% of the great uprock of mother dear are black. there are those that try to assymilate what they've seen from the practitioners during fights and uprocks but no-one in thier right mind would ever teach 52 to a non-black or half-black man. it has it's roots in testa and kalenda and is a cousin of capoiera.

do not confuse this system with other jail fighting systems. it isn't the same.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  12. MadMonk108

Which would mean he didn't learn Jailhouse Rock.

How do you justify making such a huge leap in assumption?

You have no evidence to surmise that he learned anything remotely akin to Jailhouse Rock.

EDIT: A Korean biker?!?

What was he riding?

13. MadMonk108

Yeah, I was under the impression that Jailhouse Rock was not taught to white people...

Which means hicks and Korean bikers wouldn't know it.

Stirfry...seriously...where do you get this stuff?

14. shootodog

korean gangsta types favour the use of a mix of military tkd and hapkido, (with kimchi and soju for flavoring) ;)

yes...fifty two is pre-dominantly a black art taught to blacks by blacks...ninty eight percent...there are however a few lucky ones that slip through the cracks (no pun intended).

15. MadMonk108

Sashimi knives. I'm telling you, it's the sashimi knife.

So essentially...we conclude from this thread...

That once again, Stirfry Morgan has no idea what he's talking about.

16. shootodog

as my "teacher" once told me:

yo mama don't want you bleedin' on the pavement so you better not go dissin' fifty two style or some brutha gonna cap you sweet cherry punk @55!

in other words...it's out there but it won't be shown too often. i don't think morgan knows what he saw. i can tell you now...it wasn't 52.

17. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Thread Closed!

As this forum is aimed at discussing Western forms of Martial Arts, I have taken the step of closing this thread as it is clearly a mixed MA which can be discussed on the mixed MA forum.

WMA Mod - Louie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.