It's Only Rock N Roll (But I Like It).

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bozza Bostik, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I thought I'd start a general music chat so the "What are you listening to" thread wouldn't get too off topic. There's a couple of music fanatics on MAP and it might be nice to have a chat about stuff here.

I'm not sure if a thread like this is needed but let's see.

I went to see the UK Subs last night. Not bad at all! They did a mix of old and new stuff, which is always good. Mike monroe from the Hanoi Rocks came out and did a song, I'm not sure about that.

I have to say Charlie Harper was pretty energetic for a 69 year old.

Here's a couple of snaps I took with the phone.

Attached Files:

2. ned

ned Valued Member

Good idea for a thread !
    I used to have 'another kind of blues' on vinyl-a great album I've been looking to replace.
    I saw stiff little fingers at friars club anniversary gig in Aylesbury a couple of years back,they played all the classics-tin soldiers,suspect device etc !
    Another band I loved from that era was Anti-pasti,I'm after a copy of 'Last call'.
    The last couple of bands I've seen are De la Soul at the Paradiso club in Amsterdam and the Mystery Jets in Brixton and at an excellent festival down in devon(took all the familly and had a blast !)
    Whats the live music scene like in Finland-any good outdoor summer events?

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

SLF and Anti-Pasti. Great bands that I've never seen.

You can get the Last Call from Amazon (US), unless I read it wrong. They have the CD and vinyl versions.

The music scene is ok, I ended up moving to the city that possibly has the worst live scene of the bigger cities though :( Finland is kinda small and remote, so foreign bands don't play here so much. Promoters have told me bands lose too much money by playing here, unless they're Metallica or something. But as Russia has opened up a little more, we are getting foreign bands stop here more often.

There's a lot of extreme metal here and those bands play a lot, but it's not really my thing. Ok, for a few songs but...And of course, there's a lot of small local bands. Metal is big in the Nordics, so there's a lot of that. It's very 80s inspired though.

It's very much a summer festival place. Who want's to leave the house in the winter? There's a lot of festivals and what not between June and September. We actually have the second oldest festival in Europe in Turku (where I live), Ruisrock.