Israel has the F-35 now

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anjelica, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  3. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

And Syria has a good human rights record?

4. Dead_pool

Nope, but we're not (currently) selling arms to syria.

Although we have armed some of the Syrian rebels, including some that found their way into Isis hands. But thats another story.

5. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

To be clear im not a Zionist but I have no love for the Hajis like ISIS or al Nusra or for tyrants like Assad or the Ayatollahs. Israel is their enemy, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

6. Dead_pool

When you say Haji, what do you mean?

Do you mean it in the honorific form, or as a racial slur towards Muslims?

Hajji - Wikipedia

"Hajji, Haji, Hadji or Hodgie has become a phrase used as a racist term for Iraqis, Arabs, Afghans, or West Asian, North African, and South Asian people in general. It is comparable to the term "gook," used by U.S military personnel during the Vietnam War"

Even the marines are discouraging its use.

Put 'haji' to Rest | Marine Corps Association

Tyrants are bad I agree, However Assad is fighting Al. Nursa and isis. So does that make Assad or ISIS your friend?

Ps I know some lovely Israeli people, but as a country could definitely do better.

Knee Rider likes this.
  7. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I have seen street interviews with Israelis. They have no love for Assad, he is not their friend and not ours either. However sometimes its better the devil you know than the one you don't. They have no desire to have an Islamic state on their border.

Theres nothing new about any of this. Moscow has supported the Arabs since Israel refused to go communist in 1948. We DIDN'T support Israel until much later in the game like the 1960s but we have every since despite the threat or Arab oil boycotts. We are strong allies.

Israel has formed alliances with countries like India and Serbia and Turkey because they share common enemies. Muslim fundamentalists.

8. Dead_pool

You didn't answer my question, what's up with the racial slurs?

9. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

You will have to forgive me if I don't like people who consider me and all oher women second class citizens, chop peoples heads off for not accepting their ideology, who call my country the Great Satan, who want to turn the clock back to the middle ages. If they are your kind of people then we have nothing to talk about.

Anyway Israel has a new deterant and an intelligence gatherer now. That's really the point.

10. Dead_pool

Racial slurs are by their nature about race, Not country of origin.

If you want to win hearts and minds, racial slurs arnt the way to go.

Also I'm Pretty sure they're against TOS.

Ps check this out, for women being treated as equals.

Secularism in Iran - Wikipedia

The enemy of progress is religion.

Van Zandt likes this.
  11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Hitting them right wing news shows a little too hard. In all honesty no middle East country poses even a remote threat to any western country. Russia on the other hand poses huge threats along with China.

12. Dead_pool

Did someone say China?

13. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

The point is Israel is threatened by enemies who are our enemies. They hate us too. That's why we have supplied Israel. Moscow has supplied the Arabs ever since Israel rejected communism.

A little off topic but im not worried about China. They don't want conflict with the US as long as they benefit from trade with us. Relations between the US and Russia were a helluva lot worse from the 1950s through the 80s than they are now. At least we are not pointing nuke missles at each other now.

14. Dead_pool

15. Dead_pool

You do know thats not 100% true?

United States – Russia mutual detargeting - Wikipedia

"
    Between 12 and 15 January 1994, President Bill Clinton of the United States and President Boris Yeltsin of the Russian Federationnegotiated an agreement between their respective countries not to target strategic nuclear missiles at each other.

The text of the agreement,[1] which is thirteen paragraphs long, includes a single paragraph on the subject of detargeting. It specifies 30 May 1994 as the deadline for detargeting, and states that "for the first time in nearly half a century -- virtually since the dawn of the nuclear age -- Russia and United States will not operate nuclear forces, day-to-day, in a manner that presumes they are adversaries."

Detargeted missiles are reprogrammed to either have no target or, in the case of missiles that require a constant target (such as the Minuteman III), are set to open-ocean targets.[2]

In 1997, during a debate over an amendment that would require the president to certify that Russia had detargeted its missiles, Representative Curt Weldon (R-PA) introduced into the Congressional Record a transcript of a 60 Minutes interview with Russian generals which stated that Russian intercontinental ballistic missiles could be retargeted to point to US targets within a matter of minutes. Weldon also pointed out that there is no way to verify that Russia has detargeted its missiles."

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Knee Rider likes this.
  16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I have not come across the term "Haji" before, but from online research it certainly seems to be some form of derogatory term for Arabs and as such is not acceptable on MAP.

Grond and axelb like this.
  17. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Actually its more of a religious slur. Arabs are not a single race of people. They range from very light to very dark in color. technically all Arabic speaking people are Arabs. I admit to using a word followers of a certain religion may find offensive. I didn't intend it as racial.

18. Dead_pool

And do you think religious slurs are OK?

Theirs plenty of American veterans who are also Muslim, how do you think they feel when they see a fellow American, one who isn't a veteran use slurs like that?

It would be behoove all of us, if we started to treat each other how we would like to be treated ourselves.

Attached Files:

aaradia likes this.
  19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Here we go again: Being racist and the excuse is 'Oh, I didn't want to insult a race, I only wanted to insult people of a certain religion."

This is disgusting. And it follows other disgusting insults. And I'm sure even more disgusting insults are to follow.

Grond, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  20. Dead_pool

I'm just quoting this so it doesn't get edited.

Grond, axelb and Latikos like this.