"iron vest" ?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Nimrook, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

I got in a huge discussion with a Wing chun guy about some technique called the "iron vest". Now he began to tell me that while using this technique he could take hits and not get hurt. Now granted I can say there are ways of blocking out pain, but no matter how much pain you can block out there is only so much your body can take, before you drop.

Along with this I would love to know what the "trapping hands" are as well.

If anyone would be kind enough to tell me about this I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Buddroux

Buddroux New Member

3. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

Heh, block out pain, ah hell i could do iron vest too, its easy, just pop some oxycon.

4. Buddroux

Buddroux New Member

lol...

5. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

hey im not saying that is possible, i dont know, but i do know that it is possible to bend rebar with one's throat. it has been studied and 'proven' on the Discovery channel. the rebar was braced on a pressure machine, and the guy put the other end in the base of his throat and just pushed. i think it went to about 140 pounds before he let go and it bent back. it left a mark about like if you pressed your hand with your fingernail for about 30 seconds. just remember that we dont know all the limits yet.

6. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

I saw that, but it wasn't the throat it was the V where your collarbones attach to your rib cage. You have a lot of cartilage over those bones which is like a padding over the bones. i can't remember the exact reason, but when you put pressure on that area it only hurts when you stop the pressure.

7. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

I've composed several replies to this thread since it started but cancelled each time.

People really don't understand iron shirt. It's nothing to do with resisting pain, destroying your nerves or growing a carapace-like layer of insensitivity. It's not a trance, a trick or imagination.

The great mystery to me is why people aren't interested in the old ways...

Rgds,
    David

8. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

is that simply tensing your muscles hard enough then?

9. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

No. "Iron Vest" is a term used for concentrating chi/ki into one particular part of the body, the target being hit. Iron Vest cannot block every ounce of pain. Anything that can penetrate the body CANNOT work. Marks left from the strike will be there. It's just that the pain cannot be felt. I saw on the Discovery channel, one guy was demonstraiting and focused all his chi/ki into his groin, got kicked in the balls by someone who could kick hard, and the guy just walked away from it. Being a male myself, I couldn't put risk to my future babies.

10. David

Sure, that's the secret :rolleyes:.

Pepsi, when you get old enough in my style you can train testicle retraction against groin attacks as the final iron body method. Does that tickle your fancy? :D.

I must draw a distinction between high-level iron-body skills and the psycopathic fringe practitioners who destroy their nerves and shatter their bones to end up with a gnarly, impenetrable body and fists. The latter ruin themselves.

Rgds,
    David

11. sean

sean THOR!

The answer is because the bulk of the western world wishes to be the best and scientifically break things down to achieve what others cannot. It makes me sick that the old ways were tossed aside like so many others. Philosophy plays no meaning within the boundries of science.

Its always good to know that there is a retriet into the Eastern world, on my previous holiday to Japan I saw massive boundries between the rich and the poor, but this was only in material items were they poor, in spirit and way of life the so called 'poor' lived a much fuller life, in the Mountains living naturally. Click the link in my signiture to find out why Globalisation will be our downfall. and before its said, Im not a sensationalist, I just open my eyes.

On a different note, did anyone whatch the documentary on the Hmongs in Korea? If so what was your view on the subject?

-Sean

12. fred

fred New Member

I heard that internal m.a. experts can break the iron vest with a vibrating punch.

13. butcher wing

butcher wing Oi, Fatso!

Iron Vest (thats Wot The Wife Tells Me 2 Do)

Iron Vest Goes Back A Long Way In Cma. If U See The Film Once Upon A Time In China Jet Li's Main Rival Is A Master Of Iron Vest Kung Fu And Can Take Punches, Kicks Etc.. With No Ill Efects But He Finds Out The Hard Way That It Cannot Stop Bullets.
    If You Think Thats Strange I Saw A Video Called "iron Groin". Anybody Up For Ordering A Copy And Trying It Out.
    I For For One Am Not Going To Invite People To Kick Me In The Gonads.

14. David

Once you learn to retract your testicles, a groin kick is nothing. I don't know anything much about vibrating strikes.

Rgds,
    David

15. sean

sean THOR!

when in great danger the human body naturally retracts the testicles. but no so far as a groin kick wouldnt hurt.

16. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

hah! then i'm a mutant! they just hang there and take it!(much to my regret)

17. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Supposedly There's This Technique Whereby Hokey Chinese Masters Learn To Retract Their Testicles Wholly Into Their Body. Have Your Suspicions. There Is A Whole Raft Of These Kinds Of Practices, Loosely Based On Traditional "Chi Kung". Far Be It From Me To Discredit The Entire Body Of Training Material With A Few Flippant Comments, But That Is In Fact What I Have Just Done.
    There, See How Annoying It Is?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  18. David

It should have been obvious I was talking about a trained skill...

You suck them up inside the body and close the outer sphincters. Voila empty sacs, everything out of harm's way.

19. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

are you serious?! please tell me ur kidding...you can retract your testicles?

20. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

probably could, iron vest i think protects external extremities, like ribs and abs, not the organs.