International Tae Kwon Do Union

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

This is the Org that i am with. We work with other styles other than TKD. Its politic free, and a wonderful group to be with. If interested in joining let me know and i'll get you hooked up, or if you have questions let me know. This is a International Org.

www.taekwondo.to

Other ITU Members Please Post Here, but i think im the only ITU member here *L*

-Chazz:cool:

2. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

3. Chazz

It not my site but when i get my Tennessee School open and the site up i will add you to my site.

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

From what I understand (and the school I attend is a member of the ITU) ... they are going to require that new black belts be required to remain active for a period of 6 months.
    Could this be because of the high incidence of black belts "quitting" upon earning their black belt?
    Have you heard about this chazz? And how do you think they are going to regulate this??
    We have had a few younger bb's leave but all in all we have approx. 2 dozen active black belts at our school.
    What is everyone's view on this requirement? Good? Bad?

5. Chazz

I havent heard about that. Thinking on that i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I think that is the school is a member that the student should be apart pf the org.

6. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

Sounds like a money grab to me. If a student has met the requirements set forth, they have earned that BB by the organizations standards. What they do after that is their business. I believe it would benefit someone to stick around for awhile, but this is forcing someone to continue when maybe that is not their goal. Maybe they want to move on to some other form of martial training. My 2ยข.