Interesting Clip: TCC vs Shuai jiao

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by tccstudent, Feb 23, 2006.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

more like internal gong to me, where did you find chi from in that translation ?

we're a picky bunch over here don'tcha know :)

2. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

This brings me to another question... I know a lot of people study applications from the form, but has anyone ever really used a particular application that they have spent so much time studying in practical use?? The execution certainly wouldn't be the same right? I ask because, I am more under the impression that applications aren't worth spending much time on (although I have studied some in the past), and that you should use your trained instincts to respond to whatever gets thrown at you.

3. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

I don’t see much internal skill in that fight, looks just like two guys using physical force to me.

4. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

How can you see the internal? I can't see my heart pumping blood around my body, but I am pretty sure it is in there. Pumping away.

5. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

You do forms to create energy paths that become imprinted. When you use it may not look the same as the form, as you have to respond to the position, size and consistancy of the object of your attention. In other words you follow, you don't decide - that is just a nonsense in Tai-Chi terms. Your opponent's energy, ie what you feel from him, activates the paths you have trained, and if done correctly it happens without any conscious effort on your behalf. So physical applications are meaningless in Tai-Chi terms. They are just like a physical meditation mantra purely for training purpose to create a state of mind and body, reality is on auto pilot. That is why there are no shortcuts and the change process is *required* for Tai-Chi to function.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  6. Richard Dunn

They are connected you cannot have one without the other. People with sensitivity and skill can see the internal shadowed in the external physical expression. It is an indicator of development when you can start to see this.

As an example of extremes of this in the very highest levels of energetic development, to use your example, a person can see someone with a failing or malfunctioning heart by the energetic shadow it implants. I am no where near this level but from what I now know and experience I fully accept the reality of this possibility. It is supposed to be one of the attributes of the imortal.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  7. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

No short cuts

FULL INSTRUCTION IS GIVEN FOR QIGONG AND TAI-CHI HOME LEARNING AND PRACTICE - PURCHASING THIS DVD GIVES YOU FULL MEMBERSHIP TO THE A of E GROUP. ENTITLING YOU TO ATTEND ANY CLASSES AND SEMINARS AND PURCHASING THE GROUP T/SHIRT. ALSO IF YOU WISH TO FIND LIKE MINDED TRAINING PARTNERS TO PRACTICE WITH OR ARE WILLING TO HOST GROUP TRAINING IN YOUR AREA WE WILL ADVERTISE YOU AND PROMOTE IT. PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU WISH THIS WHEN YOU PURCHASE OR LATTER AFTER SOME PRACTICE ON YOUR OWN IF YOU WISH

8. Richard Dunn

You wont quit being a silly **** will you! Students have to start somewhere and the energetic is quite hard to find. In some cases all they can find is hard martial art pretending it is Tai-Chi. This dvd is a start point to activate interest and practice. Where they take it from this point is up to them.

How about some input to the points I am making instead of your infatuation with ad hominem.

9. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Maybe a certain person is coming to the end of his rope on MAP. :D :D :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  10. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Oh, was it a DVD related to RD's (so called) Tai Chi group? I just picked a random short cut from Ebay :Angel:

11. Richard Dunn

I hope everyone notices the sources that are dragging this thread into conflict, yet again. Interestingly in this case one of them is surrogate.

12. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

And yet, I scroll through this thread and I find exactly one word (a one word post indeed) from you addressing the subject of this thread.

13. microhard

microhard Valued Member

Looks like two teenagers playing on the street courner.

14. Richard Dunn

At least it is not wrestling :)

15. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Nei = Internal

Gong = well. . . Gong. Don't know a direct English translation.

Where did I find that? I was born and raised in China; I came to the US at age nine. I speak fluent Mandarin, and can partially read/write in Chinese.

And yes, Internal Gong is more like it.

Peace

16. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

I like this definition a lot. :)

17. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

I absolutely agree. Funnily, I see Internal work, and you see wrestling... ;) :)
    Please explain what you mean by 'surrogate'? I have an idea, but I'd rather hear it clarified by its author. (I wouldn't want to be a 'source dragging this thread into conflict' now, would I...? :rolleyes: )
    Peace
    :Angel:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  18. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Thats because your still teaching from DVD 1.01....you need to upgrade to the new 1.02 DVD to learn to see the real internal.

19. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

:D Great Clip...if anyone has tai chi practitioner vs a striker... i would love to see that.. :D

20. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Very bad judo in sleeveless jim jams. I don't see how taiji can be practiced as a 'sport'.