Interesting Chinese Boxing NHB from 1986..

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by TheDarkJester, Oct 23, 2006.

1. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Found this on youtube.. not sure if its a repost or what the deal is.. looked interesting with good flowing from ranges to standup grappling to throws. Lots of CMA here and very little kickboxing (whatever the hell that means)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvbIDwdA7Y8&NR"]No Rule Kung Fu competition in 1986 - YouTube[/ame]

2. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

That was pretty cool. Some of those takedowns made wince, I love the one at the end; I'm good, I'm good, I'll just walk it off *falls flat on his backside* Done that a few times in the ring and in the pub. :D

3. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

I've seen that one before, it's fun. I especially love the one kick catch --> shoulder throw. That was pretty amazing.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Comedy gold with that soundtrack.:D

I wish they'd left the original (if any) commentation on it. It'd be easier to figure out where it was actually shot at. My guess is either Hong Kong or Tiawan. If it was done in the mainland - at that time you'd have seen a ton of the men in the PLA flat top that you still see them sport. :p

It also looks as it was a 'NO shots to the head bout'.

The guy at the very end... where the guy gets put on his but gets up to protest with total Kung Fu finger wagging style and then passes out is classic. The guy he fought looks vaguely like one of the guys who fought some Thai's in Hong Kong where all KF fighters were KO'd in something like a cumulative total of 6 seconds or something insane. The reason I say that is his costume is exactly the same... Motorhead wrist bands and all. :p

The kick takedowns were nice. Someone needs to show those cats not to leave their foot hanging out there when they've thrown a kick. You don't leave you arm out after you've thrown a punch why would you leave a kick out there?

Anyhow - fun clip. Dope ass soundtrack biatch.

5. CFT

CFT Valued Member

6. Shen Yin

Shen Yin Sanda/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Nice. Alotta' flying kicks, eh.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

That resulted in lots of people ending up on their duff. :p

8. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

I've seen this one a few times. Has anyone ever found a more complete clip that isn't so heavily edited for comedic effect?