Inner power and superhuman abilities

Discussion in 'Silat' started by haidarfarhan, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Can you give it a rest with the macho nonsense.

It's worth noting that you are talking about going up against an experienced practioner of martial arts who also has a solid and comprehensive background in applying his training in real life.

To dismiss someone you don't know and assume you will have the upper hand is down right stupid, to do it to someone like Hannibal is absolutely ridiculous.

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Haidarfarhan,

You mentioned opening a school in the UK?

Does that mean you will be here at some point?

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The lies and evasions are self apparent

The sad thing is I think some people genuinely believe they have some gift....they NEED to believe it. A sweet lie is preferable to a bitter truth to them

However, even in the face of overwhelming evidence they STILL cannot get their heads around it - there is a wonderful book on it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

The human mind does really odd things; the human body is not far behind. These videos have been posted before, but show a few salient points -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVfHZgHMUk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVfHZgHMUk[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cieY16Ad80"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cieY16Ad80[/ame]

In ALL these cases there is NO actual "power" being used - it is all trickery, yet trickery that works....and ironically it is MUCH more impressive than the complete shash being presented elsewhere as evidence

The claims were tested and tested fairly - and they failed spectacularly....that should have been the end, but PT Barnum was certainly not wrong about humanity

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

What I find heart breaking is people like Janette Dietz in this video at 1'18" that Haidarfarhan posted, saying that it gave her hope that she may be able to function without a cane or a dog.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQaFWo3aep4"]Liputan Getaran MP USA - YouTube[/ame]

6. Hannibal

That should be prosecuted IMO

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I have trained my son in vibravision. The power to detect colours while blindfolded.

I have shot a video, which is currently uploading to You Tube.

All a bit of a rush, as I'm teaching tonight, but sit tight my pretties, it's on it's way.

8. Simon

Sorry the video is a bit rushed, but I got in from work 10 minutes before shooting the video and am out teaching tonight.

You'll have to take my word that no-one else was in the room.

My son only knew of this trick about 5 minutes before shooting it, so how was it done.

It really is rather easy to fool the eye.

10 cool points if you know how it was done.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BEYM52H0J8"]vibravision - YouTube[/ame]

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Post #196

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1Jwyxd4tE"]Hate to Say I Told You So - YouTube[/ame]

(has this nonsense really been going on for a year?)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  10. The Iron Fist

The Iron Fist Banned Banned

I will posit a guess. There is no 'random' selection of colors, that's the illusion. You simply need to agree on a sequence beforehand (red, red, black, and so on) and tell the viewer 'random, random', and their eyes will be too busy verifying what they think they see, instead of logically inducing the reason. This is a common magic trick, the illusion of randomness (and I can tell Simon is all too aware!). Even if I'm wrong, bravo!

Based on what I read, this seems to fit the evidence presented in all the videos as well as the Randi examinations. Where the testing is truly controlled (i.e. Randi), the data suggests random guessing is just as efficient as 'vibravision'. The outcomes are statistically what you'd expect. The only place that is not statistically true, is in the uncontrolled 'tests' and 'demonstrations', which require little more than some previously agreed sequences (colors, shapes, movements). In those cases, it's entirely possible to game the demonstration by some basic set up and practice.

In fact I thought the one with the person riding a bicycle blindfolded was the clearest illustration of something that does not require magic powers. Any circus performer can perform far more dangerous and death defying feats while blindfolded, such as tightrope walking. A skill that can be trained? Sure, but only with regards to practicing the timing et cetera, not using any extrasensory perception (which is what 'Vibravision is ultimately claiming to be, a psychic phenomena).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  11. Simon

Wrong. :D

12. Simon

I'll come clean.

I pushed once on Ben's foot for black and twice for red.

Often we look for something fanciful or mysterious and that's what the magician relies on.

We fail to see the obvious.

As for the disappearing deck, well you'll have to figure that one out for yourselves. :)

13. Cakra

Cakra New Member

Soon or later you will find that you were wrong.. I am Indonesian so I don't speak english very well, so excuse my english. I would suggest that you test this technique by yourself. Just draw anything on board or write anything you want with diff color and ask them to duplicate it or you could bring any books or any magazines and ask them to read. If they can do it would you believe it? Dont forget to buy bandaid and blindfold to make you sure you wont be "tricked". :hat:

14. Hannibal

Oh look another supporter of nonsense

It's fraud and a trick and I could disprove it instantly

15. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If you're in the UK come to the MAP meet. :)

16. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Omg the loonies are back....do they let you out for the weekend every now and then? btw you English is fine :)

17. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I miss Iron Fist. Can we welcome him back somehow?

18. Cakra

Cakra New Member

I was like you before, I didn't believe it could do such things but I was wrong. Let me share the test I have done to one of Indonesian navy special force. I bought bandaid, electrical tape, and diving mask (painted in black). I put 3 bandaids to each eyes, bind it with electrical tape and put diving mask on him. obstacle avoidance (positioned by me), colour identification and finding balloon were passed 100%. I was thinking how he could do that trick, there must be some trick. I brought him to my house (still blinded) which he never been there and asked him to walk in and identify objects in my house. I told this guy if he passed this test I will wash his clothes for a week and if he lost he must salute the flag for a week 6 hours per day.....I lost the bet. He walked without hitting anything and objects were identified without touching. I am skeptical person as you do, I don't believe things easily, I challenged many paranormal here (which is a lot) and i caught them all BS but this technique blew my mind and everyone can learn it no matter what is your race and religion.

19. Cakra

Cakra New Member

Unfortunately I am not in UK, I wish i could be there...

20. Simon

It's a fake, wake up.

If you are training under someone you are being sold a lie.

If you are teaching you are selling a lie.

Your videos are fake and can be easily replicated as I have demonstrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.