Injury help

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Welshman, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Welshman

Welshman New Member

Hi everyone just a quick question I train Muay Thai and have been back training for roughly 5 months I done it previously for 2 years. I have a pain in my left side of my groin when kicking. It also clicks when I move my knee up to my chest and then move it outward away from my chest if you understand me. I've stretched before and after training, but it still niggles me any help would be appreciated.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

If this has continued for 2-3 weeks our usual advice is for you to see a doctor.

3. Welshman

Welshman New Member

Ok thanks was like it before for about two weeks then went away I couldn't train for a week because of work but went back tonight so hopefully its just a little niggle but wanted some advice

4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

My hips click, crack and groan regularly if I don't stretch, or practice my neigong... The same as my shoulders, knees, elbows, wrists, ankles...

Anyone got some WD40?? :(

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Have you been doing any hip stretches Welshman?

Where exactly is the pain and is it when you kick with your right leg?

Mitch

6. Welshman

Welshman New Member

Yeah it pulls when I kick with my right leg but the pain is in my left side of the groin. The pain is between my pubic area and thigh.

7. Mitch

I'd go with seeing your GP. It's a pull or tear in our layman's terms, but it should have got better by now so go see them.

After that, get your instructor to check your techniques carefully to see if there's anything going wrong there. You need to make sure you're not doing something in your normal training that's making it happen.

Best of luck fella :)

Mitch

8. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Injuries wont heal unless you rest. If it is no better after 2 weeks of rest, then you should think about seeing a doctor/physio

9. Welshman

Welshman New Member

Cheers guys I think my lack of fitnesse is a key contributor to it. As I get tired my form gets sloppy. Thanks for all the advice I will let you know how I get on

10. Welshman

Welshman New Member

Just to let you all know the pain has gone after some gentle stretching. Thanks everyone

11. Mitch

Good news :) Worth getting your instructor to check your technique though.

Mitch

12. Welshman

Welshman New Member

Yeah looking back and speaking to my instructor its probably due to over stretching for high kicks

13. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

Dont forget basic PT is also important for such training.
    Sit ups, squats, lateral leg raises...etc.

14. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Aint nobody got time for basics no mo'. Star jumping knee tuck 360degree spin burpee clap pushups are the new basics.

15. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

That reminds me of some young guys that wanted to train with me.
    They didnt want to do 6 months of pt before they started sparring.
    What happened?
    Pulled muscles, missed training, and eventually, quitting.