I'm thinking of giving boxing a try

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by kynodontas, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Are you starting later in the mrning? !ight find an early class of some kind of even get private 1 on 1's?

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Pretty In Pink

Are you starting later in the mrning? !ight find an early class of some kind of even get private 1 on 1's?

3. kynodontas

kynodontas New Member

I have to be at work at 10AM.. so i would need boxing that would be quite early.. or if i could have boxing at weekends and 2 more late work outs in the middle of the week..

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Lots of big MMA/bjj gyms run morning classes, does your gym have anything on in the mornings at all?

5. kynodontas

kynodontas New Member

At 11:00AM.. so it's kinda impossible :( And that's so sad because i really wanted to give boxing a try. And I liked the guys there..

Oh and one more thing.. when i did boxing each guy/girl I spared with.. we would make something like a greeting by softly touching our gloves. I considered this a very positive atitude. While in crossfit we sweat together for a year and most people fail to say hi/goodbye when you are or leave.

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. Dead_pool

Do they have classes on days you don't work?

7. Pretty In Pink

You can arrange for private 1 on 1 lessons from boxing instructors at a time that's convenient for you.

8. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Went to Wethersppons with my ex the day after she had a bad loss during a Thai fight. Needless to say when we turned up in our tracksuits at 12pm for lunch and she had black eyes and bruises, people raised a few eyebrows. :D

9. Dead_pool

That's the standard look for weatherspoons in most places!