Ilustrisimo

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lutang, Mar 13, 2007.

1. John J

John J Valued Member

Let's see, The Secrets of KI and WAP all included Gran Maestro Tony himself so your comments are irrelevant. They were done to help promote the art and it's practitioners not to self-promote.

Wrong again! No one has used videos to learn especially some of the seniors. Although as YOU already seem to know, Tatang was well archived.

No one has claimed to promote their own brand of KI. There are different lineages. And many have decided to deviate whether due to politics as you seem to know very much about or personal reasons.

Rightfully si...it is time the FMA community sees his skill. He is already quickly becoming a legend. GM Tony IS Kali(s) Ilustrisimo!

Tell us something we do not know. Everyone acknowledges his role within the KI stables and respects it. The problem may actually be within your group. Which camp are you from???? Do you speak for all of them?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  2. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Topher

Would be my guess, since I just finished the book put out by he and GM Diego. I have a feeling he is in the thick of things and rightfully so if you read that book written in 2002... :)

I decided to look at it again after last nights # of post's. But I am just taking a guess. :Angel:

While reading the book I was wondering who is the fellow that demonstrate's the length of stick on the pages 52 and 53? He is in it quite a bit.

I have had that book for quite some time and since I don't do the art of Tatang as a rule, we do some of it (some things being similar and all).

Lutang is a good foot movement, I like the book, it is very open and sincere I believe. But in it, it mentions the problems openly that is in the group at the time of writing so it is not a first.

Again a very good book. My hat off to the two who wrote it, along with the help of others I am thinking. ;)

I am just adding a little knowledge and it is with utmost respect for all the player's. I owned horses and what you want are the best, they get along pretty good until compitition and then they show their spirit you hoped they would have.

Nothing different here I am thinking. I am sure they will figure it out and after all it is theirs to do... :D

3. John J

John J Valued Member

Topher Ricketts has always recognized Tony Diego as the true heir/successor of the system. Actually, in defense of Tony...he was one of the most outspoken when another faction in the PI felt GM Tony was not the true successor and voiced it.

He lives in San Diego now and teaches in Glendale every week. If you want to experience KI, he would be the best start outside the PI.

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hi if you'd "pm" me a name I'd appreciate it, I am in Sacramento area of CA but I get down to the San Fernando Valley often.

:)

5. Limbas

Limbas Valued Member

I know you're going to sell something.

6. Limbas

Limbas Valued Member

Hey big john, seems every post you troll in, stupid tags along with it. Try search stupid and the results are peppered with your name. You feel so at home with the word huh?
    May you big john, representative of KI, tell us here in MAP who in PI doesn't recognize Tony Diego as sole source of instruction and as the ONLY leader of Kalis Ilustrisimo?
    I'm almost convinced there's no feud among CAMPS of Ilustrisimo.

7. John J

John J Valued Member

Man, I feel like I've exchanged with you before. You sound just like the other idiot.

You are too funny. You make absolutely no sense with this post but I do agree with you, Mang Tony is the head of KI. Was that questioned somewhere????

Again, a post that makes no sense. Who would you say represent KI better then he outside the PI???? Please do give us your pick. There aren't many to go with so, please let us know so others can have an option.

I am pretty sure you know Topher...funny thing is, you probably could not talk half as tough when he was still in the PI. Now that's laughable :D

8. Limbas

Limbas Valued Member

You're always in company of idiots no doubt.

Yes dummy,! You just said Rickets depended Tony's position as the ONLY master of Kalis Ilustrisimo when OTHER groups of Ilustrisimo challenge the claim. Have you visited your own bakbakan site? Your group seem to be at odds with the PI groups of Ilustrisimos.

I think you represent KI the best, the uber baddest sword art of KI. :woo:
    Name that troll game again! You KI guys are really tough, I won't doubt that a bit. :Alien:
    Say the name again?

9. John J

John J Valued Member

You must have been hit too many times in the head or maybe :bang: ????

Thanks Limbas but I really can't take that honor. I do appreciate the fan club though :love:

LLLLLIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMBBBBBBAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS.

That is L-I-M-B-A-S.

10. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

GREETINGS RM/S :D :D :D

I'm back...had to take a long break to laugh.

11. John J

John J Valued Member

Good morning Peter...hope you had a full nights rest! I was busy humoring Limbas. It seems he enjoys exchanging dialogue with me. Anyway, it's your turn, I need my rest now. ZZZzzzzzzz

12. Peter Lewis

Thanks for the compliments Limbas. You are very generous. :D

Let's get something straight...Lutang (who could be you or is certainly very close to you) asked a question that, while potentially contraversial, was reasonable. I gave him (and / or you) what is a reasonable answer...that I do NOT believe that a feud exists within KI (at the highest level)...I even shared with you the FACTS of why I do not believe that there is one. That is a reasonable answer to a reasonable question...di ba? NOW...you and Lutang (who are certainly of the same negative, stirring mindset) have been trying to create answers that are NOT there...they DO NOT EXIST! It is so laughable...you guys must be so desparate. It's gotta be so hard to have your head stuck in the hole that you are sitting on, while trying to speak!!! RESPECT! :D

Next...NOBODY, to my knowledge (unless you and Lutang) has ever questioned the authority of GM Tony Diego as the legal and rightful heir to the system of Tatang. That FACT is known WORLDWIDE...you don't need to tell people...they ALREADY KNOW!!! However, what people with a more reasonable state of mind than you (and Lutang) tend to agree with, is that Tatang did ACTUALLY teach more than ONE person. This is FACT and there is ample video evidence to support this FACT. Let's take this to a very simple level for you (and Lutang...if he really is a different person)...Tatang had well over 80 years of experience within martial arts. NOBODY ( and I do mean NOBODY) that I know of, or have heard of (unless you and / or Lutang) has ever questioned the status or ability that this revered warrior had. First, the EASY bit...Tatang could NOT (simple mathematics) share 80 years of real experience with any single person...unless that person actually trained with him for 80 years too! That is FACT! It is physically impossible. With that in mind, what REALLY happened (the REAL TRUTH that you and / or Lutang are seeking) is that Tatang shared parts of his 80 years of experiences with EACH and ALL of his students. So...(now this is the HARD bit for you guys to understand)...ONE PERSON ( and ONLY one person) had ALL of the PURE art of Tatang...and that was ONLY Tatang. ALL other students, to varying degrees, received portions of that so-called PURE ART (you know...the one that died when Tatang died...R.I.P). There is NO SECRET in what I have just said. I remember the same thing happening in Wado Ryu Karate when the founder died...the group of seniors split. That is normal and a sad fact of life...LIVE WITH IT! Want a surprise Limbas (Lutang)...what I have just told you is UNQUESTIONABLE! It IS part of the history of KI...this IS a FACT! That is what I mean by NOT changing history. It can't be done (as much as YOU and LUTANG want to!) it's IMPOSSIBLE!!! Again...LIVE WITH IT!

Now the funny bit. You (and / or Lutang) are, without doubt, two (or one) of the most arrogant people that I have ever come across within 34 years of dedication to martial arts. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB! It is YOU (and or LUTANG) who is / are trying SO HARD to cause the image of a feud within the art...NOBODY ELSE is trying as hard as YOU (and your other half, LUTANG). Guess what?...(again, this will be SO HARD for YOU / LUTANG). There are SEVERAL people in the UK that have trained DIRECTLY with GM Tony. I have met several of them (AND taught some of them) and NOT ONE PERSON has complained, or NOT enjoyed my instruction of Kali Ilustrisimo. Most have very clearly and openly acknowledged that I am a very positive representative of Kali Ilustrisimo...as I said...these people have trained DIRECTLY with GM Tony (and even Tatang!). Tomorrow, one person who has trained DIRECTLY with GM Tony Diego is travelling 330 miles to train with me for 4 hours (at NO CHARGE!!!)...then, he will drive 330 miles home...imagine that...660 miles to learn Kali Ilustrisimo from ME! That must HURT you guys SO MUCH! LIVE WITH IT! Let's be very clear now...I have NOTHING to hide from YOU (and / or Lutang), but equally, I have NOTHING to prove to YOU (and / or Lutang).

Hope you have a nice day...I CERTAINLY will.

Ingat po kayo at gumagalang

Peter

13. Peter Lewis

Greetings John

Yes, I did notice the nocturnal entertainment. Pity those guys don't realise the damage that they (NOBODY ELSE..unless of the same negative and narrow mind) are doing to KI and FMA in general. They must have their little games, I guess!

Enjoy the sleep Bro

Peter

14. Peter Lewis

Hey Limbas (and Lutang)

Just to clarify... because you guys seem to need reminding of what I am actually saying...so that you don't misinterpret it, or try to twist it around.

1. I have NEVER at any stage stated that GM Tony is NOT the legal heir to KI. Neither has anyone that I have ever met, or heard of. This FACT about GM Tony's status is known worldwide and accepted by everyone that I have spoken with, communicated with, or heard the opinions of.

2. READ FIRST BEFORE OPENING YOUR MOUTH!!! I said that , in an interview with Tatang during the 1980's, published in Australia, that Tatang suggested that another person may succeed him (which as we ALL know didn't happen). No part of my statement says that the view is MINE!!! It was published about 23 years ago, and the word's were from Tatang himself, NOT from ME! Possibly, at that time, Tatang was unsure of 'who' would finally succeed him, and that was his own opinion AT THAT TIME!!!

3. I will also repeat...I have NO FEUD with anyone...to my knowledge. Just because I take a different perspective (because I live outside the Philippines, and am not caught up in local politics) does NOT indicate a 'FEUD' at all. I try to view what the GLOBAL impact of discussions like this will be and how it WILL impact on the external perception of ALL KI practitioners WORLDWIDE! With that in mind, your attempts to twist my words into your own desires and beliefs only HARM YOU! It does me no harm at all...many people KNOW the REAL me, but YOU, and most people in the Philippines DO NOT!

So...before YOU (and / or LUTANG) try to infer that I am stating something that I am NOT...READ what I ACTUALLY state, NOT what you WANT to see, or WANT people to believe about me. You will NEVER find me state anything that is harmful to ANYONE within KI, FMA, MA or in any part of life. HOWEVER, I may have a different view to YOU, and other people, because my life experiences are different to yours.

I pity you greatly...you seem to be the one who really has some kind of personal feud within yourself. Within the world of MA, we learn that the hardest person to overcome, is the internal one. Good luck as you face the challenges that you are experiencing within yourself.

Gumagalang

Peter

15. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Mentioned:

You seem to be the one who really has some kind of personal feud within yourself. Within the world of MA, we learn that the hardest person to overcome, is the internal one. Good luck as you face the challenges that you are experiencing within yourself.

Gumagalang

Peter[/QUOTE]

Boy that is the truth. Wish all could learn that at an early age. But I think it comes with time and experience from others. If one will allow it.

Back to one question, who is the person on page 52 of the book, Written by Antonio Diego and Christopher Ricketts...Anyone know? If one has the book you can see the picture of who was in Australia.

The seminar I went to today was about the Serrada of Cabalas. I believe if you studied it and Ilustrisimo, and really observed you'd see the closeness of them (both are influenced by Dizon). I am sort of curious as to the statement about "Serrada and not impressed", if in fact they both stem from Dizon.

Gary :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  16. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

well i guess there is a feud now :D

17. Peter Lewis

:D :D :D :D :D

18. John J

John J Valued Member

I too have heard it but don't see it. If you watch Tatang and the late Angel Cabales, there is not much of a similarity. I have met people who have had exposure to Serrada and again, I don't see it.

Can you clarify? Who made this statement? As far as the 2 arts having been influenced by Dizon, I understand Tatang and Dizon were more peers. I believe Angel Cabales was much younger than the two.

19. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

i kinda see it, you really have to open your eyes... :D
    john j you're right tatang and dizon we're peers, so there could've been some exchange. Im not an expert in KI or cabales serrada but, there are similarities, just different approach.

how about a lil twist?
    how about KI+cabales serrada and villabrille kali? any relationship or similarities?

20. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I'll have to get a look at some video of Tatang, I have seen some of Angel and of course am involved in it. Since Tatang was taller he may not have looked like some of the people who display the art of Cabalas who are small. I don't try to get low all the time no point... I am not small :D

Yesterday I trained in it for 3 hours all the strikes and the inside-outside drills. The biggie is we train (because of time in grade) basics, and basics are where I like it anyway... We do go through the 3 different distance's. We also are exposed to other arts at different times but yesterday was strickly Cabalas. ( some mention the 5 distance's)... there is "lock and block" and "sumbrada", but we only did the basics yesterday.

Cabalas mentioned it is over very fast and three strikes is about all you are going to do.

I believe the statement was made by Tatang himself about not being impresssed with Cabalas stuff.
    Yes, Cabales was younger. Dizon being his Master.

There is some confusion with a few stories back when the first books came out about the blind Princess and who was involved with it or not. Or if it really occured. I have heard it was Cabalas who studied and also Floro.

Legends are just that, and the real stuff is not as interesting. One person who I study with he tells me just let the stick do the talking LOL... :)

I get a lot of heat from friends who say why do you train in such a brutal art??? I try to keep the Spirit and the Mind along with the Body of the art, but it is pretty lean, in the teaching of FMA...
    Since they were such a rough and tumble group (pirates some believe) and the tough road to manhood thing. Not many did the art, sort of like the "gunfighter in the old west" not a lot of them...

In order to judge groups (if that is even the correct term) you have to walk in their shoes I believe ;)

Regards