If you didn't catch Matthysee vs. Molina

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

You missed one awesome fight!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmovPjc4ER0"]Lucas Matthysse vs John Molina Full Fight Part 1/3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lDiN1AMThE"]Lucas Matthysse vs John Molina Full Fight Part 2/3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ajN0hlsqQ"]Lucas Matthysse vs John Molina Full Fight Part 3/3 - YouTube[/ame]

so here you go!!

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'll say it was. What a war! Certainly glad we decided to cut out of the pub during 172's prelims to see this one.

Both fighter's deserve props. When I saw Matthysee begin going down, thought for certain it'd be an early night for him but it didn't seem to phase him. He had plenty in the tank through rnd 11.

Molina had a lot of heart as well. More of a wild-child with his swings than I recall.

I know Thurman is slow (punching) and can't dance ( fighting while moving back ), but I still enjoyed the Thurman fight - for as little as it lasted.

But who is this Diaz bloke.?

You'd think someone with Mayweather aspirations would rather fight someone such as Khan for value ( yeah, I know )

3. Saved_in_Blood

Matthysee has a lonnnng history in boxing. His Father, Sister, Brother, Uncle, etc all boxed. It's in his blood. He's got solid fundementals and if you look at each of his losses, they all (imo) shouldn't even be losses. The fight with Garcia was full of crap ref work and low blows to Lucas. Then his eye started swelling. Multiple times Garcia came back to his corner and was by his own teams admission "out in space"... plus even with the eye injury he rocked Garcia pretty bad later in the fight. He wants that rematch and I don't blame him. He would give Danny a pretty bad beating IMO.

4. Saved_in_Blood

Oh, forgot to answer you about Diaz... he's the brother of his trainer Joel, who is Timothy Bradley's trainer. I have seen Diaz many times on ESPN's Friday night fights, but he was never like a very top tier fighter. Thurman? We'll see how he manages to improve. His trainer was Winky Wrights old trainer and Wright is one of my all time favorite boxers, but I see a lot of weaknesses in Thurman right now. He did show a lot of patience as well though. Not going after a guy that was hurt and jumping right in is one. You see it a lot, and see that guy get knocked out a lot too lol.

5. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

What an absolute belter of a bout! Watched in Sunday morning and accidentally caught the result before i seen it so was expecting a walk over for Matthysse. So glad i was wrong!

Literally punched his gumshield out of his mouth if i remember correctly

6. Saved_in_Blood

I want to see him rematch Garcia so bad, but I'm pretty sure Danny knows he got out of that fight lucky and things wouldn't go that way again.

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Yeah, something intriguing about him. He reminds me a good bit of my boxing coach in some of his head movements.

- I like that.

As you said, he's a number of weaknesses and at 23-0 are these weaknesses now too deeply carved in the stone to overcome? As I see it, he will have to because those weaknesses will be deal breakers when it comes to moving up to the next level.

Anyroads, he under the wing of Al Haymon ( as is Khan now! ) so he knows the boyz club secret handshake should he manage to learn to dance backwards, among others.

Think Porter and Keith a probable fight?

8. Saved_in_Blood

I think Porter would have no issue fighting Thurman, I don't know how much Thurman wants to fight Porter though. Porter also has a lot of weaknesses with jumping hooks and such, but he's tough and is really a much bigger fighter than most WW's. Naturally both want to try to get a shot at Floyd and neither will because they aren't even on the radar yet. Thurman is a very good talent, but will his arrogance get in the way of him improving and wind up getting KO'd by a better level of fighter? Or perhaps he will look and actually learn what he does wrong to get better. People get to trusting in their abilities sometimes IMO and tend to forget the basics of boxing. Arrogance is a big part of that first loss for a lot of guys I think. It would be an interesting fight and if Thurman could catch Porter while lunging in, it could be a short night, but if Porter can take he shots, I think he can grind Thurman down pretty good.