If Attacked where do you strike

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tai-gip, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

hahaha awesome! :D

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Face and Grion.

3. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

oh ya, for sure

4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Study WHEN to strike and you might not come under attack so often.

regards koyo

5. RoninCelt

RoninCelt Valued Member

Maybe this is why I haven't had to fight since the mid-80s? ;)

6. Bozryel

Bozryel My brain is melting...

That depends on a lot, but mainly I strike to end it as quick as possible, aiming for whatever is the most harmful and unprotected...

7. rurounidragon

rurounidragon Valued Member

when they 're close by kick inside knee (i always wear reinforced work boots) so one broken knee coming up when they take a runner at me i step a side and do a kick to the outside knee
    if the already got a hold on me head butt or knee in groin
    all movements are followed by a sprint to get the hell away

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

McDonalds

9. chof

chof Valued Member

why the knee, its holding up all that weight, the entire body is a target, dont get to entrenched in hitting specific targets hone your weapons to do destruction to any part of the body, then your targets will open up for you and it will be a piece of cake to hit them

10. Ana-mia

Ana-mia New Member

A nice kick to the nads, although i've not been attacked by a male before
    Usually i kick down on the knee, if it doesn't break it hurts like hell :)

11. chof

chof Valued Member

ouch that hurts, just thinking about it

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

13. simi

simi Valued Member

Depends on attack....

14. MuayInsane

MuayInsane Spitting Feathers

I would go throat or groin,but that would depend weather you were still standing after the attack,also if the attack was seen coming,if attacked from behind then i suppose a elbow or use their forward momentum for a throw.Last time i got attacked it was a full on slugfest till police showed up.

15. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

Eyes are too small a atrget in a fast moving, adrenaline drenched situation. You are more likely to hit the cheek bone or the forehead with your finger.

Aim for areas that are least visible. Most people focus on their intended target (you). Low kick is most likely to get unnoticed. I'd go for th knee down. Only problem with the knee is that if it's bent, a frontal attack won't do as much damage. My favorite forst target is the instep, preferably a scraping blow down the shin to the instep. It is not disabling, but will bring pain and momentarely stop the attacker. It will shift their focus to the area in pain, giving you that precious second or two to aim the next strike and haul ass out of there. Nike-do is the best form of self-defense.

16. InsertUserName

InsertUserName New Member

Low kicks to the leg. Take out the knee if you can (and if the fight is serious). Otherwise chop that leg and destroy the foundations. Make them focus low and then hit a viable target along their center-line. Face, throat, floating ribs, whatever gets presented. Also makes it easier to run when your opponant is limping.

17. newy085

newy085 Valued Member

Tess- the knee is a good point to attack because it disables the aggressor instantly. The only goal when you are involved in a fight is to escape, And if you can take out the knee and get out of range you have succeeded. Very few other targets gave that ability, most will stun them but not incapacitate them.

Also, the knee is a relatively weak joint especially when struck from the side.

18. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

nobody's mentioned taking a nice meat hook to their head

19. schnchri

schnchri New Member

This question depends solely on the type of attack. If the assailant is armed with a lethal weapon, then lethal force becomes an option. (Note that lethal force doesn't necessarily mean you will kill the attacker, it simply means the technique used has a good possibility of causing enough damage to kill the person - like a solid strike to the throat.)

Also left to consider is the purpose of the attack, the age of the assailant, the conditions of the environment, etc.

In short it is a question with too many "what if" situations to answer. Your best option is to train your reflexes to respond to attacks (sparring); and condition your strikes to targeted areas. Good options for stunning your opponent are:
    * Groin, if available. Although, I agree that all men have a conditioned response to this region.
    * Brachial plexus origin and tie-in
    * common peroneal
    * femoral
    * shin
    * nose
    * eyes
    * ears (pop the eardrums)

Etc. The list can go on and on. Best thing to do is train!
    Also, it should be noted that if your assailant has been drinking or doing any mind altering drugs the likelihood of them responding to pain compliance is pretty slim. You'll have to adjust to disabling your opponent, even if permanently.

20. jfleshner

jfleshner Valued Member

I always liked the nose, groin, and knees.