iam gonna teach nessie some TKD. lol

Discussion in 'Other Martial Arts Articles' started by boshi, May 31, 2002.

?

do u belive on nessie ?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2002.
  1. no its hoax

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. may be some day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. yes i do

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. not sure

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. boshi

boshi New Member

hi,

iam back from loch ness. i could'nt see nessie but iam sure there's something. is there anybody who belives on nessie or living dinosaurs in congo such as mokele mbembe. www.cryptozoology.com

i know this article does'nt get fit in martial arts forum but plz have a wee look at it.

hey cooler/ghostsuit plz dont delete my this article from your site . okay?

:woo:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2002
  2. STASH

STASH New Member

Yea I belive in that stuff. When I visited the Caribean some fishermen pulled out a fish that appearently was supposed to be extinct for millions of years. I forgot the exact name but they described it as a "panzer fish" it had these huge "natural armor" plates around it. The plates appearently protect it from the extreme pressure it has to deal with. Unfortunelty when they pulled it out it died almost instantly. I think that the Loch Ness monster it most likely a large eel, they found eels there that were almost ten feet and they werent even mature yet!

3. STASH

STASH New Member

I found it! Go to the site Boshi has, go to cryptids, then click on Lake Iliamna, scroll down to the picture...thats exactly what it looked like!

4. waya

waya Valued Member

Common conception in science is that we have discovered 2% of the life forms on this planet, so who can say fact or fiction?

Rob

5. STASH

STASH New Member

Thats true, but also 90% of all the species that ever (ever as in since the beggining) existed on this planet are now extinct. So if we've only discovered 2% and 90% is extinct...uh, i'm not even gonna bother doing the math.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You've also got to consider the size of Loch Ness, and the number of times its been searched or scanned, as opposed to the size of the entire planet and the number of times its entire surface has been explored simultaneously (ie, never)

7. STASH

STASH New Member

True, I'm liking this topic even though it has nothing to do with martial arts...anyone have reason to believe in this kind of stuff? Weird sightings or experiences?

8. Adam

Adam New Member

Might be totally beside the point, but my dad's seen both a gnome and a ghost in his time, both in Sweeden, home of gnomes.

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I spent a day at Lock Ness recently and no - I didn't see Nessie. I did see some rather strange things though. More importantly to me from a personal viewpoint - I spent some quiet time away from the touristy bits just getting a feel for the place. My gut reaction (which I value highly) after spending that time? - I believe.

10. Master J

Master J "No style, no limitation"

i believe in alot of that stuff like Nessie, Sasquatch, chupacara, mokele mbebe etc. They are real.

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

An alien told me that Nessies just shy.... :love:

12. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

Some scientists believe that we kill off several species faster than nature can mutate them. Maybe humans just ahsn't got around to killing Nessie (smart boy!).

Why is this in he article section. Shouldn't this be in the off-topic area? ;)

13. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

I stopped believing it in 5th grade when I read a book that said it was some sort of sub faking it. I heard about that fish way back that they thought was extinct dunno if it was the same fish. I think there is alot of stuff in the ocean we dunno about and the jungle.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Nessie is a crock.

There is no eco-system in Loch Ness to support a predator of its alleged size. Furthermore, no two photos or sightings are ever the same thing.

Loch Ness was a glaciated valley until a few thousand years ago so that rules out the dinosaur theory.

There have been two major sweeps of the lake and not one nesie was found. There were a lot of fish, but no big animal. Anything that existed in the loch would have been detected. The glacier also carved out the lake bed smooth, so there are no caves that nessie could be hiding in .Also Loch Ness is above sea level so there is no "underground tunnel" to the sea that nessie could have got in through or the lake level would drain down. The only way it could get to the lake would be up the ricer ness, and that I suspect would hve drawn attention.

If Nessie exists there must be more than one. But no bodies have ever been found - not even a skeleton or an unidentified bone.

Loch Ness is a magical place, but all the sightings can be explained away as either hoaxes or mistaken identity. For an excellent book try "Loch Ness monster - the evidence" by Steuart Campbell

15. Master J

Master J "No style, no limitation"

how often do you come across the skeleton of a whale or bear? Not often. In fact, hardly ever!

16. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

That means we've discovered 2% of 10% of all species that have ever been.

This means that we have discovered 0.2% of all species that have ever been.

Cheers. :)

17. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Hi,

It's obviously a haox put together by the locals many moons ago, in order to get us touristy type people to visit, spend our pennies and so boost their economy.

Ooops! What have I started.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

True, but they do exist and have been found! And they have territories a hell of a lot bigger than Loch Ness. As a relatively self-contained eco-system. Loch Ness has nowhere for the dead Nessies to go. So where are they? And that is by no means the most convincing argument for non-existence

If something exists the more you look for it the more you see it or find evidence for it - that is simple science. With nessie the MORE you look for it the less it is seen, because when you are aware of potential mistaken ID issues (waves/logs etc) you will not see Nessie.

There are no convincing images at all, certainly no clear ones. All in all it points to no "monster" Nessie - My prime candidate would be a sturgeon instead.

19. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Maybe its a badger in disguise...

20. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Or a snake!