I want to make my own Nunchucks, has anyone ever done this?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Rosie the Riveter, Feb 26, 2011.

1. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

So are class A drugs , but they aint legal either.

2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_7809322_california-laws-nunchucks.html

You Realise Daves a serving soldier don't you ?

People are trying to prevent the op (assuming she's not trolling) ending up on another youtube fail compilation.

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You know guys reading the thread really helps!

:bang:

Making weapons? If it's safe and legal not too much of a problem, though some might wonder why you'd do it with a weapon such as the one in this thread.

Encouraging stupid and dangerous practices? Hmmm not so much.

Read the thread. You will see that the flow of the conversation rolled onto people criticising others for criticising those who did not undertake appropriate training.

The criticisms weren't necessarily about making weapons, they were about dangerous practices and why some of us speak out about them.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. Shinobi-son HSC

Shinobi-son HSC Valued Member

Well then first let me thank Dave for serving in the military. So Dave, thank you.

Your post on California law also makes perfect logic. She needs to know the laws of her land. I live in NE, and I was out running one day swinging my nunchucks, and got pulled over by the police. They asked what I was doing, I explained, and then they asked for a demonstration. I obliged, and they told me that they didn't want to hear of anything being destroyed or people getting hurt, and they left.

Perspective is why nunchucks are illegal in CA. They are perceived as a weapon, which they CAN be when used that way. But so can a pen right?

The politicians were not able to distinguish another option for the use of nunchucks. I also can say that when martial arts schools have competitions or demonstrations in CA, they still use nunchucks.

Maybe she is trolling this thread. No one knows for sure but her. Maybe she will be videotaped practicing with nunchucks and get put on a fail blog for doing horribly and tons of people will say she sucks and should die or whatever. I know I wasn't good with nunchucks when I first started. I bruised the insides of both my elbows for months before I finally learned not to hit them.

Anyway I keep getting distracted now with others things. Sorry for rambling and jumping all over the place. Hope it makes sense to you guys.

Peace.

5. Dean Winchester

I don't think she is trolling, she's just misguided.

6. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

I would imagine 7 pages of encouragement to the OP to "make weapons and go out and 'freestyle' with them" would make quite a statement to any impressionable people viewing.

So would 7 pages of people encouraging safe and legal practice.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  7. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

How many people have died of Nuchuku related injuries? How many of those were self inflicted?

8. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

I am just amazed that we have managed to get to page 8 on this subject.... ROCK ON :)

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Here's a thought. If you don't train with the weapon, don't bother sawing the stick up and use that. So if not doing anything will make a more useful weapon for an untrained attacker then couldn't it be argued that by encouraging the O/P we are in fact saving humanity from a crime wave of violent assault similar to Clockwork Orange? Your Honour

10. ScottUK

There was one a few years ago where a kid killed someone with nunchaku, but you are missing the point.

11. AndrewTheAndroid

No, I'm not. If it's illegal, then don't do it. Fine. But don't give me that crap that a nunchuku is just as dangerous as a katana or explosive fertilizer. Not to mention if I came on here and said I wanted to build my own shotgun are you saying that's more acceptable because I can legally own a shotgun but not a pair of nunchucks?

EDIT: Sorry if that came off as harsh I am a bit under the weather.

12. Dean Winchester

How many other threads get Katana, Nunchaku and explosive fertilizer in the same post!

Awesome :D

13. AndrewTheAndroid

[​IMG]

Awesome!

14. Dean Winchester

Cyborg T-Rex would of had much more awesomeness awesome.

15. ScottUK

I said that? I must be dreamposting again. Damnation.

If people build shotguns and get done for it, it doesn't affect the martial arts community. Go build!

Fret not. Get well soon.

16. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

You're most welcome, I served along side US troops in Iraq. 10th Mountain to be specific.

17. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

But with his small forelimbs would he have been able to twirl nunchaku ??? (Let alone make his own).

18. ScottUK

19. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Dude, I told you not to post pics of me in mid-hangover! :woo::ban:

20. Dean Winchester

That's not you Steve..........

He looks too happy.