I need something close to me is this Krav Maga any good?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by zombiekicker, Aug 29, 2019.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Define "wasting time". It looks like bad MMA but they spar and they are catering to a wide variety of clients (which is good).

Hard to gauge how much they cover pre-confrontational violence and HAOV etc so if it interests you I'd go and ask.

3. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Wasting time, as in is it a rubbish teacher etc, I had a bad ninjutsu experience a while back , where the people I was training with we're..... erm not putting much effort in, went to JKD and was amazed people were actually trying to hit me lol, suppose I should just try it

4. Pretty In Pink

Well it looks like a class that'll get your heart rate going. Just looks like MMA done badly. So if nothing else it will raise your heart rate.

Dead_pool and zombiekicker like this.
  5. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I think the part where it's something done badly is a bit of a no no , I can get my heart rate up on my own , thing is I am free most daytime now , but cannot find anything

6. Pretty In Pink

I mean, all Krav Maga (unarmed) is bad MMA with a few groin kicks. They might have some other stuff that might interest you.

7. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

can't hurt to look

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Let me preface this by saying I am not qualified in Krav Maga in any way. But I see what PiP means by it being MMA looking. I have looked at other KM sites and, well their stuff looked different, more defined as KM, whereas this looked like MMA. I dunno, pull up some other KM videos on youtube and see if you see what I mean?

zombiekicker and Dead_pool like this.
  9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

To be honest, looking like MMA isn't a bad thing, fight training does tend to look like fighting, when fight training doesn't look like fighting, you know something's wrong....

10. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I think there’s a big difference between the two instructors: the Expert level 1 instructor should be far more knowledgeable than the Graduate level 1 instructor. G1 is the lowest instructor grade, whereas E1 is much higher.

The club is part of Eyal Yanilov’s organisation and Eyal is often seen as the protégée of Krav Maga’s founder.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Pretty In Pink likes this.
  11. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Cheers

12. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I think you should try the Krav class. Instructors vary even within the same organisation, but the fact that it’s under Eyal Yanilov’s organisation bodes well.

Was this JKD under Emil Martirossian in Sussex?

zombiekicker and Dead_pool like this.
  13. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

no mate it was steve eldridge before he retired from the police, i was quite amazed i was allowed into the police gym lol, they still train once a week in worthing at the boys club i should go back there, but my wife is working evenings and i dont want to leave my daughter alone Worthing Jeet Kune Do

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  14. Dead_pool

If you can't do evenings for JKD, how are you going to do evenings for KM?

15. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Its like 5 minutes walk away mate

16. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

thing is i want to train more than once a week, suppose i could just do loads of bag work at home, footwork etc from what i already have done, i havent done anything for a few years
    will do cheers

17. Dead_pool

So less time out of the house, something is always better then nothing!

zombiekicker likes this.