I must be nuts...

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by d0ugbug, Sep 7, 2009.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

I've lost interest in losing weight (although I am now a dad) so in the effort to motivate myself after not fighting for 2 years due to injury I'm stepping out of retirement and signed myself up for a full contact event later this year.

*GULP*

2. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Heh heh, you have me imagining the return of butterbean lol, joking mate.
    Good luck m8 and congrats on now being a dad :)

3. embra

embra Valued Member

Best of luck with the contest when it comes up. Youre only young once, so you may as well make the most of it when the chances come up.

For losing weight, maybe try Sprirulina - it practically empties you inside out, and its full of nytruients (I cant quite remember which of the top of my head.)

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I say good luck to ya! When is it? basically how long etc so everyone can have a timeframe of how long you got to get fit. (next week?)

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Best of luck. What was your previous injury?

6. d0ugbug

Destroyed my knee and foot fighting, not being able to walk on it.

I'm looking at end of November to take part, I have 3 stone left to shift which I'm struggling with but I figure this will give me the final boost I need for it go 7 stone in 7 months was easy 10 in 10 was never going to happen ;)

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8&feature=fvw"]YouTube - Classical - Chopin - Funeral March[/ame]

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

As a new dad myself...good luck with that.
    My daughter is only 5 months old but my training, diet and rest are completely shot (work's not helping either).
    I was due to try for my black belt some time this year. That ain't never gonna happen. :)

9. d0ugbug

Yeah Its hard as your up all hours with feeds and then you eat junk to keep going in the day and running first thing in the morning is even harder!

10. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Good luck, i doubt you are getting much sleep with the new baby and if you are going to get all this extra training/ weight loss in , i take my hat off to you. Perhaps some jogging on the spot as you feed the little one at night.
    Just picturing the milk spilling everywhere!!!

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Nah, pop the wee one in a rucksack for added resistance when you go running.

Kidding.

Good luck mate.

12. d0ugbug

Well to she does fall asleep really well when I bounce on the balls of my feet so my foot work will / should be amazin ;)

Super I do have a baby sling ready to run with her in once her head is supported a bit more

13. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

What weightclass are you fighting in?

14. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Heh Heh, wouldnt be the same without Moi's sense of humour, love it :)

15. d0ugbug

I'm going to be in heavy weight but the time I finish I'll be in the middle weight (just) plan is to get down to 78-85kg

I'm 100kg now from 146kg

16. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Oh dear! I posted the wrong video. I meant to post this one. For inspiration!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VisB2rJSqg"]YouTube - Madonna - Into the Groove Official Music Video[/ame]

No no! This one (I got sidetracked)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgq8tabXOg"]YouTube - Rocky 1 training[/ame]

17. d0ugbug

And there I was thinking you was giving me entrance music ideas ;)

I been asked now If I want to do Low Kick or 6/8-Kick Rule

18. Jjf88

Jjf88 Valued Member

Personally, I'd take the kid with you to corner, and make a big show of it, maybe your opponent will feel sorry for you and let you win.

I mean, no, you should totally go demolish them, go, team, something motivating.

19. d0ugbug

I'm feeling good for it, I'm working my arms alot at the moment and conditioning my gut training on my own is hard work but I push myself till im ill each session. I'm trying to keep to my old form and end it before the 2nd round is over (at least thats the plan)

I have built a workout around the early morning feed when I have to make up a bottle for the baby so apart from feeling tired I'm feeling good in myself anyway

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

If you go 6-/8-rule, does that exclude leg kicks (a la Bill Wallace era)? If so, I'd opt for that. Quite simply you don't want to go into a full contact low kicks fight after spending so much time out due to a knee injury.

Do you know who your opponent will be?